Lupus/RA

Options
Anyone facing a painful exercise battle and extreme fatigue due to Lupus and/or RA? I'm tired of being on meds that don't really work anyway. My goal is to try to manage my symptoms by managing what I put in my body.

Replies

• crystalberries426
    Options
    After months of pain and hardly being able to walk or bend my fingers I was diagnosed with Lupus. All right when I was getting serious about my weight loss. I also have hypothyroidism due to Grave's Disease I had as teen. I'm still learning about Lupus but I'm with you, the meds don't help.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have been taking ADD medication. And I get meds when I have autoimmune flare ups. I get a lot of different skin infections, like cellulitis.
  • Belmont61
    Belmont61 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have RA, looking to see if change of diet helps with fatigue and pain
  • isstillarose
    isstillarose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have an autoimmune disease too (Hashimoto's) and started to have excruciating joint pain and fatigue two years ago. I read about a NIH study involving vitamin B1 in high doses (100mg, 3x a day) along with a B complex. Within days of taking this, my joint pain was gone. I'm not a vitamin person usually, but in this case, it was amazing for me. I've read a few things that indicate it may be good for other autoimmune diseases too. My doctor said that she wasn't concerned about taking it because your body just eliminates what it doesn't need. Ask your doctor, but maybe it is worth a try. Let me know if it helps!