Healthy food for picky eaters

Anyone have any fast recipes or meals that they enjoy? I've been on mfp for 2 weeks and have lost 11lbs but I'm wanting to add some good low cal foods to my menu. I currently eat same stuff everyday just different flavors etc. Wanting to switch it up. I'm a picky eater. It's also hard for me to eat a lot of veggies. I love fruits though!! Any help would be great!! :)

Replies

• af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Aside from fruits, what kind of foods do you like/dislike? Are you open to trying new foods you haven't eaten before or it has been a long time since you tried? What does your daily menu look like now?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I have many fast meals that I enjoy, but most feature vegetables because I love vegetables. I am not picky at all. I love food.

Stir fry is a really quick, easy and versatile style of cooking.

Roasting takes a bit longer, but is probably my favorite way to cook because prep time is minimal and roasting brings out the deliciousness in both vegetables and meat.

Pan searing meat and sauteeing vegetables in olive oil and/or butter is also another favorite quick cooking method I love.

I don't do many casseroles. Typically I use one of the methods above, or make one dish meals like stews, soups, casseroles, or beans and rice.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    Anyone have any fast recipes or meals that they enjoy? I've been on mfp for 2 weeks and have lost 11lbs but I'm wanting to add some good low cal foods to my menu. I currently eat same stuff everyday just different flavors etc. Wanting to switch it up. I'm a picky eater. It's also hard for me to eat a lot of veggies. I love fruits though!! Any help would be great!! :)

Find what you like, and adjust based on your goals and wh at you're looking for.
    Apples with peanut butter are good. So is chocolate covered strawberries as well. A tablespoon of chocolate chips is around 70-80calories. Easy way to satisfy a sweet tooth and get fruit in.
  • Aside from fruits, what kind of foods do you like/dislike? Are you open to trying new foods you haven't eaten before or it has been a long time since you tried? What does your daily menu look like now?

I am open to trying new things. I like chicken, onion, squash, etc I have never been a cook. I have always cooked the same things. I have been scared to try new things because if it's nasty I would hate to waste the food and money spent on it. Right now my menu is basically this:

Breakfast
    Yogurt with a banana or protein bar

Lunch
    Salad

Dinner
    Subway
    Sandwich
    Brocolli and cheese soup
    Something that's low cal

Snacks
    Ranch wheat thins
    Fruit