Anyone else have past injurys but still want to get in shape?

Options
I have a degenerative disk disease and no cartlidge in my knees and I am still getting the job done. What are you doing to get yourself in shape or do you need help with it if you dont know where to start?

Replies

• KerstinK1972
    Options
    I had a back injury. Still do. My SI joint is pretty messed up. I used to be a runner before that. Now I just walk. I am trying to strengthen those muscles in the hopes I can run again. I tried to today but it started hurting pretty quickly :(
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Old motorcycle accident has me pretty banged up, cant run now days but I can limp a mile in 16 minutes. LOL
    Summer is better for me cause I love to swim, but for now Im the gimpy brisk walker.
    For me its always been the double edge ... Being heavy makes it hard to walk, not walking makes me more heavy.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • karen0175
    Options
    Hi! I fractured my ankle at the end of the summer and it was a bad break so exercising has been really difficult and I piled on the pounds :'( just trying to get the confidence to go swimming for some low impact exercise along with walking. Good luck with your goals x