Stuck!

Options
I am stuck. I have been at this for 3 weeks now, logging, exercising, I've even tried to eliminate carbs from my diet. I'm stuck. I exercise every other day, varying my workouts, always burning at least 500 calories a work out. Nothing is getting this weight to budge.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?

What is your current height & weight, what are your goals? How many calories are you eating a day? How are you calculating calories in (ie - eyeballing, measuring, weighing?), and how are you coming up with 500 calories burned exercising (ie - MFP estimate, machine estimate, heart rate monitor?)
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    give it more time. these things take patience and time, so just keep doing it. But, how many calories are you eating per day? I've been through this before: I ate way too less, like 1200 calories per day, and my body got used to it. Everything comes in moderation. Sleep a lot, drink lots of water, as well. Lift weights to build muscle to increase your metabolism. goodluck xx
  • brendabutler123
    Options
    My goal is to eat 1200 calories a day. I drink lots of water and sleep well. I will try to open up my diary, I'm not sure how. I burn calories by doing zumba 3 times a week along with working out on the eliptical machine and stepper machines. I also take walks throughout my work day.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure everything?
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Have you tried incorporating strength training into your routine? Tasking your muscles can boost your metabolism for up to 48 hours ultimately burning more calories than the time spent doing cardio. I try to do equal parts strength training and cardio, either strength first cardio second or alternating days. Also, I would not eliminate carbs but instead eat moderate carbs mainly complex carbs, high protein mainly lean forms, and low fat limiting saturated fat and avoiding trans fat.
  • brendabutler123
    Options
    No, I don't. I try to eat food that says per serving, so I will eat a packet, a container, a slice etc... I do have a food scale and measuring cups.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My goal is to eat 1200 calories a day. I drink lots of water and sleep well. I will try to open up my diary, I'm not sure how. I burn calories by doing zumba 3 times a week along with working out on the eliptical machine and stepper machines. I also take walks throughout my work day.

On the website:
    You can open your diary by going here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Towards the bottom of the page choose "Public" and then Save Changes.

On the app:
    Go to Settings. Choose Diary Settings. Then Diary Sharing and choose Public.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    No, I don't. I try to eat food that says per serving, so I will eat a packet, a container, a slice etc... I do have a food scale and measuring cups.

Then you need to start using your scale. You're eating more than you think. Even single-serve items can weigh much more than stated (especially bread).