What keeps you motivated?

Options
For me it's all the endorphins after a hard work out. I feel great and lately after each day I find myself looking for the refreshment over again! I love feeling healthier and stronger, it motivates me to keep pushing.

Replies

• DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Here are my two biggest motivators:

1) The people! I love being one of the "regulars" at the gym, and having friends at different classes. It's and keeps you accountable, because you know someone will notice when you don't show up!

2) Goals (big and small) and improvement. There is nothing better than starting off your day with a personal best!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My visible progress.
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Watching youtube videos about different forms of working out really helps motivate me. I like to mix it up and try unorthodox exercises to keep fitness fun and interesting.
  • hardeepmakkar
    Options
    If you've never checked out Bios3 Channel on youtube, do check it out, Jerry Ward is the BOSS. keeps *kitten* real and simple for his followers. Although he does charge for any kind of advice , but if u go through his channel , u will find that info in the videos for free. he has put a lot of info out .
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I guess an underlying motivation is seeing how different my blood work will be when I get my blood tested again. Sadly for a country with national healthcare, the system is bogged down and people without medical issues can't just go get tests done to find out how their cholesterol is doing. If the food changes and weight loss haven't changed my cholesterol and lowered my BP, I'm not going to bother tracking sodium anymore.
  • shmelzy
    shmelzy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i don't want to get diabetes... that's like such a huge fear of mine. i mean, i'm really overweight and actually obese so it's warranted but it's a huge motivation to get healthy before i continue to age and am 25 with a heart problem or something of the sort. It's gotten too far already and I know it has to stop. so fears of health problems keeps me going a lot. i just want to be healthy
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I guess an underlying motivation is seeing how different my blood work will be when I get my blood tested again. Sadly for a country with national healthcare, the system is bogged down and people without medical issues can't just go get tests done to find out how their cholesterol is doing. If the food changes and weight loss haven't changed my cholesterol and lowered my BP, I'm not going to bother tracking sodium anymore.

You should check out the TLC diet, it is recommended by the Mayo clinic for reducing cholesterol. I have reduced mine about 20 points in 6 months using the TLC diet as a bit of a guideline.
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My visible progress.
    I could add this to my list also!
  • Marieenya
    Marieenya Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Seeing the whole thing as a challenge keeps me going. I'm always more determined if I think of things as a points system, probably because I've spent far too long being a nerdy student always aiming for high grades!
  • tonispiliakos
    tonispiliakos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right now? Several things.

1) a special event on March 15
    2) leaving a two-week vacation to Greece and Israel on March 29
    3) a HM in May
    4) a FM in the fall
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Right now? Several things.

1) a special event on March 15
    2) leaving a two-week vacation to Greece and Israel on March 29
    3) a HM in May
    4) a FM in the fall

Greece is my DREAM vacation!! Have a blast haha
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Being thinner, stronger, having more stamina, more energy, more self-confidence, less depression/negativity, wearing smaller clothes, visible progress, looking at my progression photos and seeing how far I've come, finally feeling in control of my diet and life, and I love being active again. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can play basketball, go for walks/jogs/runs, and ride my bike.