Fast Food-I know it's not ideal but...

Options
I'm usually pretty good at packing my lunch and being prepared. There are times though that I need a quick healthy meal and don't have anything on hand. What are some of your healthy fast food places/options that you can suggest?

Replies

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did grilled chicken breast/ wing and green beans from KFC. Hit the spot for my craving for "fast food." Turkey breast on nine grain bread, no cheese, no mayo, and lots of veggies at Subway is a good one for me too.
  • hardeepmakkar
    Options
    i dont know your goals , but i will say always keep some quality whey with u and a shaker ofcourse. then u wont need those fast food options.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    My usual fast foods are fresco tacos at Taco Bell, grilled chicken sandwiches from just about anywhere, most places have fruit options for sides, turkey sandwich at Subway...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My fast rule of thumb is, eat half. Don't order the fries.

For places to eat, try Subway, Extreme Pita. McDonald's has the wraps. Ask for grilled chicken, hold the cheese and bacon, and no dressing.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Oh! Wendy's salads are the best!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken is available most places and usually mayo on the side, so you can control how much goes on.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    My fast rule of thumb is, eat half. Don't order the fries.

For places to eat, try Subway, Extreme Pita. McDonald's has the wraps. Ask for grilled chicken, hold the cheese and bacon, and no dressing.

I need fries!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I prefer chipotle since I can have a bit more control over total calories.
  • jgnatca
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The sad truth about fries:
    NewsStoryChart_500_279_s_c1_c_t_0_0.jpg
  • TwinsRaGift
    TwinsRaGift Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you have a Panera Bread near you that is my favorite! They have a chicken hummus power bowl that is filling and super yummy and something like 300 calories.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    The sad truth about fries:
    NewsStoryChart_500_279_s_c1_c_t_0_0.jpg

e67b95c9a623462c4d875b48e94639d9.jpg

I also like some of Panara Bread's options.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hmm. . . leaving out for grilled chicken and fries. Now to see how to make that work with my day. . .
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    When I get fast food, it is always a quarter pounder. I may or may not get a small fry from McDonald's. That's probably once every 4-6 weeks. I really do not like grilled chicken sandwiches or most fast food salads so I just make it fit into my calories for the day.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love chipotle and subway because I can really control how much goes on where. I also try to keep some apples or relatively shelf-stable fruit on hand so that I can pair like a 6 inch sub or half a burrito with an apple. Depends really on the goals for the day.
  • many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Qdoba and Chipotle are good because you can go to their websites and customize your meal so you know what to add.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't like most fast food in general and never really have...I kind of laugh that these places actually call what they're serving up a burger.

When I do go out for fast food I like Wendy's and I usually get a sour cream and chive baked potato and a small chili...it's a pretty balanced meal.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Subway as well. Six inch, no mayo or one of their chopped salads. The nutriton info is on the website, so it's so easy.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is pretty random but I usually go for sushi when I need something fast! I try to avoid the fast food chains and will stop somewhere off the beaten path and get something to go ;)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you have a Panera Bread near you that is my favorite! They have a chicken hummus power bowl that is filling and super yummy and something like 300 calories.

+1

Panera Bread has a good selection of "Hidden Power Menu".

They do not advertise about it ... ofcourse!!!!

You gotta specifically ask them. Silly Panera.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Chopped salad from Subway. I can even order and pay online and it will be waiting on me when I get there!