• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    e67b95c9a623462c4d875b48e94639d9.jpg

LOL
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Also, depending on where you go the bread can an enormous amount of calories! A burger king tender grill is 320 (without mayo) but the chicken itself is only 130 calories!! They give you a huge, thick bun. Eating only half of the bread might make a huge difference! I'm in the same boat today so I'm getting an "unwich" from Jimmy John's.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    spiralated wrote: »
    I also try to keep some apples or relatively shelf-stable fruit on hand so that I can pair like a 6 inch sub or half a burrito with an apple. Depends really on the goals for the day.

This is hubby's habit! And it is so good for him.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    • Jimmy Johns or other sandwich places, if you stick with mostly meat & veg, you can get away with a pretty low calorie count, add cheese & mayo in as it fits your calories, I always make cheese fit in :)
    • Shlotzky's has good salads, huge and filling
    • a lot of places now do soup, anything non cream based shouldn't be too bad, I can usually do soup & 1/2 sandwich at a lot of places like Panera's, cafes, etc
    • Noodles & company has some good lower calorie options, especially if you order a small size of something
    • A lot of places now do chicken sandwiches, again, mayo & cheese may or may not fit i not your goals for the day, but a chicken sandwich (especially grilled) is usually a good option
    • Most grocery stores now have to go food/delis available. Whole foods I can get a chicken teryaki bowl with less than 500 calorie.

Basically, I can usually find something if I'm not eating at home. Just be aware that most of these places are big sodium bombs, so you might retain some extra water for a few days afterward.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    i dont know your goals , but i will say always keep some quality whey with u and a shaker ofcourse. then u wont need those fast food options.

For me drinks don't keep me full at all.
    estherlion wrote: »
    I'm usually pretty good at packing my lunch and being prepared. There are times though that I need a quick healthy meal and don't have anything on hand. What are some of your healthy fast food places/options that you can suggest?

I typically bring my lunch as well. I have allergies so can't really "eat out". I can totally sympathize with times where you need something quick (because shift ran over or something). What I do is keep a list of foods I know I can eat and can fit into my goal that I can but from a local store. Examples are: bag of nuts from 7-11, cheese sticks (Polly-o) from delis/cvs (like they keep in the refridge section), etc.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    At Subway I'll get a six-inch turkey sub and load on the veggies, no mayo or cheese. If I'm really hungry I'll order double meat.
    At any other fast food place, I'll stick to any variety of grilled chicken without mayo or cheese.
    And if you don't mind paying higher prices for Panera, they have some options too. Chipotle as well. I usually go for a salad with chicken, beans and guac.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Tropical smoothie flatbreads and some of the sandwiches are pretty good. Just stay away from the wraps, and don't get a smoothie AND a sandwich!
  • beckyc0786
    beckyc0786 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chipotle/Salsarita's/Qdoba- I get a burrito bowl, sometimes just veggie and meat, sometimes with a carb
    Chik-fil-a- I like to get chicken tenders and a side salad w/ light dressing.
    Panera- soup and sandwich or soup and salad
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Oh, I just had a horrible visual of a "tropical smoothie flatbread". Yuck.
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually go to Wendy's once week with my son (it's our Friday routine after his speech therapy appointment). I either get a half size Asian cashew chicken salad (230 calories OR 150 if you don't put the cashews on it), or a grilled chicken sandwich (370 calories). If I have the calories to spare, I'll get a small strawberry lemonade (200 calories). Yummy!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Lots of chain restaurants have the macros for their menus online. Find something that fits your caloric intake for the day. If I must eat out, I like Chipotle and Subway as choices.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    El Pollo Loco has some great under 500 calorie items on the menu. Tasty, filling and affordable for a quick meal.
    Semi fast - Rubios Fish Tacos has salad with grilled fish or chicken that is filling and tasty.
    Fresh Griller is a local favorite (Santa Ana) near Hutton Center. M-F only so really just a work lunch.
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Chic Fil A - Grilled nuggets or strips, side salad, and Diet Lemonade. You are still around 300 calories with a nice amount of protein. From Website: 295Calories 9gFat 5gSaturated Fat 0gTransFat 125mgCholesterol 920mgSodium 16gCarbohydrates 3gFiber 6gSugar 39gProtein
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Subway, Chuck fill a, zaxbys.

My favorite is newks. Not really fast food, but I love thier salads.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    estherlion wrote: »
    I'm usually pretty good at packing my lunch and being prepared. There are times though that I need a quick healthy meal and don't have anything on hand. What are some of your healthy fast food places/options that you can suggest?

If I need or want to get fast food, I am not too concerned about "healthy". I just get individual size items, instead of full meals; it's also cheaper! McDonald's for instance, I will just get a cheeseburger, and a small fry if I'm really hungry. If I do Subway, can't go wrong with a six inch ham and provolone!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't like fast food -- tastes like plastic. When I'm in a hurry and don't have time to make my lunch, I often pick up a protein bistro box from Starbucks (there's one right across the street from my office). Hard boiled egg, sliced apple, cheddar cheese, grapes, a whole grain looking flat bread thingie, and a packet of peanut butter. 380 calories, 19g fat, 13g protein.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wendy's small chili and side salad with Pomegrante dressing, no croutons. It's my go to when I want to grab fast food.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    e67b95c9a623462c4d875b48e94639d9.jpg

LOL

I love this!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Subway isn't something I consider to be fast food but it is something I reach for when leftovers aren't available. I will also consider...
    Wendy's plain baked potato and small chili or side salad with chicken nuggets.
    McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait.

Those have saved me while on the road a few times.
    Most grocery stores now have premade salads and self checkouts, those don't take much time either as long as you can stop to eat.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't really think of Panera as fast food. When I eat there, I get the avocado turkey blt on sesame semolina. Usually the whole sandwich but sometimes I get a half sandwich and half Greek salad. Plus a chocolate pastry.