Anyone doing ideal protein diet?

Options
I'm new to this site and am on the deal protein diet.

Replies

• wd9898
    wd9898 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What is that?
  • coririley415
    Options
    It's a science based diet that's being run out of health food stores. Weekly appointments and a dietitian that tells you what to do and how you're doing step by step. I have gotten amazing results I am just over 3 months in and have lost 44 pounds.
  • bornforbattles
    bornforbattles Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    by ideal protein, do you mean eating all the protein?
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sounds like science based profit margins too for those dieticians.
  • coririley415
    Options
    Yup unfortunately quite expensive and the diet itself is called "ideal protein". You eat their products 3 times a day plus your vegetable and meat intake.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Sounds like science based profit margins too for those dieticians.

ha ha
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Probably fine to help you get an idea of how you should eat, but I wouldn't give my money to them for too long.
  • 101smooth
    101smooth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes i did ideal last year and lost 60lb i live in Maryland
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go along with Trog's head shake - no.

• forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I followed Ideal Protein for 13 weeks 2 years ago and lost 35 pounds. It is a good weight loss tool, but it is not a program that can be transferred to maintenance. There were quite a few people in my area that followed the program (a well known member of our small community provided the plan). People saw results on others and so "everyone" was doing it, all with good success. Then they stopped the plan, went back to eating how they ate previously and every single person I knew gained all their weight back within a year or 2. I went with IP because I needed a kick start (or a kick in the rear) for motivation. My plan was to stick with it for as long as I could (hit my wall with the restrictions after 13 weeks), but then to switch to a lifestyle/exercise plan to lose the remainder of the weight. It took me another year to lose the remaining 25 pounds through MFP and I've kept it off for about 9 months. I do feel as if the changes I've made to my lifestyle are something that I can follow for the rest of my life as I've learned to love to exercise and to eat well (tracking calories). IP is a good tool, but not a life style. I think it works if you remember that. Good luck.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    so basically almost half a lb a day lost? nah, dont buy it,well could be mainly water weight though. wouldnt be half a lb of fat a day
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    oh and it says you dont eat any sugars which means fruits and veggies yet their foods have fruits in them so how is that not eating any sugar? no nutrition facts about their products either it says to visit a center near you. yeah,umm no
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Just buy ribeye? Am I missing something?
  • Adessa77
    Options
    So instead of supporting coririley415, most folks on here are critics. EVERYONE IS NOT THE SAME, FOLKS! Men and women lose weight at different rates. Not every program will have everyone's approval. If you're not on the Ideal Protein Program, it's best to learn more about it before you post negative feedback.

Coririley415....The program has obviously been working for you. Great job! Keep it up! It keeps you well aware of how your body processes carbs, fats and uses muscles. In the end....It's the tools and knowledge you walk away with that will stick with you well into maintenance. Heck, the first time I heard of Ketosis was on Ideal Protein. Puts things into perspective. I just joined IP myself a weeks ago...down 6 lbs. Long way to go to get to my goal but I'm learning a great deal. As for the expense...well, I was spending that much on meals a week before IP. I'm just getting results now with IP.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    LOL, strong first post......
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Yup unfortunately quite expensive and the diet itself is called "ideal protein". You eat their products 3 times a day plus your vegetable and meat intake.

eating "their" products should set off alarm bells...

all they are doing is selling you over priced garbage..

you can lose weight with MFP for free...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Adessa77 wrote: »
    So instead of supporting coririley415, most folks on here are critics. EVERYONE IS NOT THE SAME, FOLKS! Men and women lose weight at different rates. Not every program will have everyone's approval. If you're not on the Ideal Protein Program, it's best to learn more about it before you post negative feedback.

Coririley415....The program has obviously been working for you. Great job! Keep it up! It keeps you well aware of how your body processes carbs, fats and uses muscles. In the end....It's the tools and knowledge you walk away with that will stick with you well into maintenance. Heck, the first time I heard of Ketosis was on Ideal Protein. Puts things into perspective. I just joined IP myself a weeks ago...down 6 lbs. Long way to go to get to my goal but I'm learning a great deal. As for the expense...well, I was spending that much on meals a week before IP. I'm just getting results now with IP.

ummm CICO works for everyone regardless of gender.