Anyone live on Oahu?

Looking for support. I'm down 44 pounds and I have virtually no support system. I have a few friends on here but no one seems to actually use the app. Any new friends would be awesome ;)

Replies

• Wow that's awesome. How did you loose so much weight? My goal is to loose about 40lbs. I'm looking for support also, this is my first time using this forum so I'm not sure how it all works
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Lol I've never used the forum either. The advertisement for it popped up so I figured it was worth checking out ;) I started at 226 and wasn't looking to lose weight. I was kinda in denial... I got a bike for my birthday and started riding. Then I started doing workout videos online until I kinda graduated and moved on to running. My first time out I made it 15 minutes before deciding to limp home lol I was kind of embarrassed and the next time I did 30 minutes. I just built from there. As far as eating goes, I use the "whatever makes me happy" method lol If I want Taco Bell, I eat Taco Bell. I make sure to workout enough to balance out the calorie side of things. I also cycle calories when I'm in a rutt ex M 1,800, T 1,400, W 1,600, Th 1,000 etc. I kinda play around with the "net calories" as long as it adds up overall and my deficit isn't more than it should be. The easiest part is starting, the hardest part is continuing. I've spent a lot of time on Google because I don't have anyone to talk to about my weight loss goals and problems. No one else seems to be in the same boat lol
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    I hope that wasn't tmi lol I didn't realize how much I had typed.
  • MotivatedMe
    MotivatedMe Posts: 1 Member
    I haven't had quite the same challenge, but I did manage to lose about 40 pounds over the course of 2 years and I now maintain at a happy weight for me. My challenge now is getting physically toned and dieting. I really enjoy trying to eat healthy, a concept I have struggled with as it seems I can never find a happy median. If you need support, I'm here. I have had no support system and it definitely makes it harder trying to achieve goals nobody else cares about.