Lost a stone - did well - But now its starting to go downhill

Options
Hello, i started (again) to eat heathly and workout in late sept/ocbtbr 2014, although i went up and down in the weight loss in some weeks i was really happy when i got to my '1st stone weight loss' however when i weighed myself this week i gained 2 pounds and it has made me lose some motivation.

i did an hour workout twice in that week - i usually do more- anyway i did eat healthily but also some unhealthy food so it wasnt really good or really bad.

anyway i dont want it to get so that i cant enjoy some foods that i like in a week - it might not even be often - but if i do eat some then i suddenly end up piling on the pounds.

i know they say dont treat yourself with food as your not a dog but sometimes i just like to eat foods that taste nice.

HELP HELP HELP!!! I NEED MOTIVATION!!! - its hard for me to get back on track after the 2 pound gain in one week

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Calories are what matter for weight loss. "Healthy" is a nebulous term that means different things to different people, and apart from calorie content has no bearing on weight loss.
    Your body doesn't care if you get 2000 calories from "healthy food" or 2000 from "unhealthy food." (whatever those terms mean)

I don't eat anything that doesn't taste good, I'm not going to waste my calories on anything I have to choke down. I don't care how "healthy" it is.

• Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to find healthier substitutions for the unhealthy foods I like to eat, or make healthier versions using different ingredients. It helps me feel like I'm getting the foods I like without sabotaging my weight loss.
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Jason- usually when i eat these foods they are bought stuff so im not the one making it.

Lourde - When i eat these foods i usually end up eating 1800 - 2000 cals which isnt that much if its only one day in the week but it usually might be for 3 or 4 days and this is where my weight goes up. when i eat 'junk' then my cals for that day are usually higher too :(