Fandoms Unite to Lose

Options
Fandoms join together to talk about anything and everything. We support each other and I have never met a more tight knit and passionate group of people. So let's help each other on this new journey to a healthier you! I'll start... My fandoms in order: Supernatural, Harry Potter, Disney, Marvel, Dexter, Hunger Games, and in the process of Sherlock.

Replies

• Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Flash, Arrow, Marvel, and Walking Dead
  • Sercee
    Sercee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Marvel MCU and comics, *kitten* Planet, Magic the Gathering, and Doctor Who FTW. I'm lagging behind but love Sherlock, just discovered Hunger Games (yes, really), and I'm finally getting around to realizing how amazing Harry Potter is and that the movies just don't do justice to it, as good as they are anyway. :smiley:
  • Sercee
    Options
    LOL I actually forgot that that title had a "bad word"...
  • SailorAriel
    SailorAriel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a lot so I might miss but Marvel (X-men mainly), Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Final Fantasy, Tales of Namco series, Legend of Zelda, Disney, Not a fan of Sherlock but I love Elementary!, Firefly, D&D, Disney, Game of Thrones (Started to hate the show after season 2 but have only read up to halfway thru book 3), Borgias, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, (I know a lot of video games lol), Dr. Who is too long for me to delve into really but I watched all and loved Torchwood, etc.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Walking Dead, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Harry Potter, Supernatural, Legend of Zelda, Game of Thrones, Firefly, Star Wars, Dresden Files, Deltora Quest (I'm also extremely interested in Dr. Who but currently unable to watch since I was to start at the very beginning and I can't find season 1 anywhere)
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    There is a Supernatural fan group on here. :)
  • jessthep1rate
    jessthep1rate Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I'm not as involved in fandom as I used to be, but if I could combine fitness and fandom my life would be complete! My fandoms consist mainly of Harry Potter, Zelda, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Star Trek... used to be House as well but that stopped quickly after the fourth season or so, that show went sooooo downhill :(

I so wish there could be an actual fandom-based workout. I looked for anything like it but all I came up with was that Nerd Fitness thing, which as far as I can tell is 1) REALLY strongly geared toward men, and 2) essentially just taking regular workouts and giving them nerdy names, as if that really motivates?? I want to be able to do something like a HP workout--like a Dumbledore's Army workout where things like squats and lunges, etc, are combined with flourishing a wand and doing spells! And maybe even a weighted wand. :) WHY IS NO ONE DOING THIS.
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just about everything listed above. Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Marvel, DC, Firefly, The Walking Dead, Arrow, Flash, Supernatural, Sort of Game of Thrones, DiscWorld, D&D, Dark Sun, Black Butler, Agents of Shield, Welcome to Nightvale... The list goes on and on.

SailorAriel, it is nice to see another Elementary fan. Sherlock fans are more vocal and they seem to think it is a competition. The shows are so different, there is not much point to comparing.

I am also a big fan of other, more mainstream cop shows, but Hawaii 5-0, CSI, NCIS, and Castle just don't seem to have much by way of "fandom." LOL (Well, maybe a little in Castle's case.)

I give a HUGE recommendation to the Zombies, Run! app for run / walk tracking. It is amazing! The tracking feature is one of the best I have tried, and the story is just as engrossing as other fandoms listed above.
  • Sercee
    Options
    ... Final Fantasy, Tales of Namco series, Legend of Zelda, Disney, Not a fan of Sherlock but I love Elementary!, Firefly, D&D...

How did I forget Firefly! <3 I used to really be into FF and Zelda but I haven't played for a few years, now. I'm about to finally delve into D&D 5E, though. New campaign starting in a few weeks!
  • Sercee
    Options
    KimWW wrote: »
    I give a HUGE recommendation to the Zombies, Run! app for run / walk tracking. It is amazing! The tracking feature is one of the best I have tried, and the story is just as engrossing as other fandoms listed above.

I'm 11 episodes from finishing Season 3. That is an incredibly fun app, and I am way too attached to Sam Yao.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am also a big fan of other, more mainstream cop shows, but Hawaii 5-0, CSI, NCIS, and Castle just don't seem to have much by way of "fandom." LOL (Well, maybe a little in Castle's case.)

Oooh thanks for reminding me! I alsolove Castle, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Sleepy Hollow, Bones, Gotham, Forever, Agent Carter, The Flash, Agents of Shield and many others.
  • SailorAriel
    SailorAriel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Black Butler....

SailorAriel, it is nice to see another Elementary fan. Sherlock fans are more vocal and they seem to think it is a competition. The shows are so different, there is not much point to comparing.

I am in Season 2 on Run! Zombie because I keep restarting the same episode over and over again because I have boughts where I dont use the App at all :neutral_face: Actually the ironic part is the fact that one time I used it when I was using a Graveyard to walk (Only on the car road part don't worry). I just like it because not many people and its quiet. Plus I visit my relatives when I am done).

Also I am a huge fan on Black Butler!! He is just one Hell of a Butler!!

• jessthep1rate
    jessthep1rate Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started Zombies, Run! when I thought I could be a person who goes jogging. :P I really loved it, but it turned out jogging just wasn't my thing (or at least isn't for the time being), and they discontinued support for the Windows Phone, so I can only get something like the first two episodes. :(
  • jessicado22
    jessicado22 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I'll have to check out Zombies run. Sounds fun! I am currently waiting to reward myself with Goji play, as I think the visual aspect would help. My main fandom is Harry Potter... I enjoy other stuff, but HP is pretty much the only world I want to immerse myself in :)
  • kclark1125
    kclark1125 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    There is a Supernatural fan group on here. :)
    Yes indeed. I figured since Supernatural fans are so close and support eachother on tumbler and pinterest, why wouldn't they support each other on another huge journey! :)
  • kclark1125
    Options
    For anyone who is really into zombies. A great way to get into running is the couch to 5K app. Not only does it start you off with very slowly and build you up but you can choose your trainer. My personal favorite is Johnnie Dead- the amazing zombie trainer who threatens to eat your brains whilst giving you direction :)
  • kclark1125
    Options
    kclark1125 wrote: »
    Fandoms join together to talk about anything and everything. We support each other and I have never met a more tight knit and passionate group of people. So let's help each other on this new journey to a healthier you! I'll start... My fandoms in order: Supernatural, Harry Potter, Disney, Marvel, Dexter, Hunger Games, and in the process of Sherlock.
    I cannot believe I forgot Zelda, Mario, The Walking Dead, ZNation, and Breaking Bad.
  • kclark1125
    Options
    Yes!!! I'm not as involved in fandom as I used to be, but if I could combine fitness and fandom my life would be complete! My fandoms consist mainly of Harry Potter, Zelda, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Star Trek... used to be House as well but that stopped quickly after the fourth season or so, that show went sooooo downhill :(

I so wish there could be an actual fandom-based workout. I looked for anything like it but all I came up with was that Nerd Fitness thing, which as far as I can tell is 1) REALLY strongly geared toward men, and 2) essentially just taking regular workouts and giving them nerdy names, as if that really motivates?? I want to be able to do something like a HP workout--like a Dumbledore's Army workout where things like squats and lunges, etc, are combined with flourishing a wand and doing spells! And maybe even a weighted wand. :) WHY IS NO ONE DOING THIS.

That sounds fantastic :) I have seen quite a few routines on pinterest that have been created for different fandoms. The majority of them are supposed to be done while watching the shows/movies though.
  • Goal4Jex
    Goal4Jex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If snyon still plays Goji play pls add me! Jexie
  • siljase
    siljase Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm into way too many fandoms, including superwholock, harry potter, marvel, potc, lord of the rings + the hobbit, friends, himym, modern family, teen wolf kinda, orange is the new black, thg, divergent, pjo, john green and i probably forgot some but nevermind that :smile: and i adore benedict cumberbatch and tom hiddleston.