Anyone do herbalife here?

Options
hello does anyone do herbalife or juice plus on here?

I used to do herbalife.... And have some tubs left but I'm not sure if it's actual safe to use?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what is it?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Can I ask what is it?
    it's some of that real sticky icky

• ellierose0xx
    ellierose0xx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's a shake diet full of nutrition apparently..... You have a shake for breakfast and lunch.... I lost a stone but as soon as I stopped taking it u out the stone back on within 2 weeks!!!!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    It's a shake diet full of nutrition apparently..... You have a shake for breakfast and lunch.... I lost a stone but as soon as I stopped taking it u out the stone back on within 2 weeks!!!!

SO its like shakeology and all those other waste of money products. Got it. You gain when you stopped because you are not in a deficit anymore.

• JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I did, some years ago. I was desperate to lose weight, and willing to try anything. So, I tried herbalife. And I did lose 10 pounds in a couple of months... but I found it was not a long term solution for me. I like to eat, and drink shakes twice a day didn't work for me. Also, it's a pyramidal scheme and I find that somewhat despicable.

Now, I've changed my approach. I eat almost whatever I want :) and I don't drink calories (95% of the time I only drink water). And I find this is a more sustainable and long term healthier way of life.

Bottom line... does it work? yeah, you lose weight. It's not for everyone, and I wouldn't recommend it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I did, some years ago. I was desperate to lose weight, and willing to try anything. So, I tried herbalife. And I did lose 10 pounds in a couple of months... but I found it was not a long term solution for me. I like to eat, and drink shakes twice a day didn't work for me. Also, it's a pyramidal scheme and I find that somewhat despicable.

Now, I've changed my approach. I eat almost whatever I want :) and I don't drink calories (95% of the time I only drink water). And I find this is a more sustainable and long term healthier way of life.

Bottom line... does it work? yeah, you lose weight. It's not for everyone, and I wouldn't recommend it.

So you only drink two shakes a day?
  • JoseCastaneda
    Options

Right, one for breakfast, one for dinner, you can lunch "whatever you want"...
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    No. It's a waste of money. Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    After reading about the side effects of herbalife, I would question if it's safe to use even if it's within date!
    Like any quick fix, it's not sustainable and the only thing it really lightens is your wallet, make small sustainable eating habits, eat the correct amount of calories and keep the calories 'clean' and the weight will come off.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Right, one for breakfast, one for dinner, you can lunch "whatever you want"...

That eat whatever you want does not 100% say I will eat under my calorie goal. So yup waste of money like I thought.

• JoseCastaneda
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The thing is... the goal shouldn't be only to lose weight, but to change your lifestyle. A lifestyle where you need to buy and drink XX brand shakes to nourish yourself isn't a very sustainable one.

Learn to eat. Exercise. Rest. Repeat. That's it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    The thing is... the goal shouldn't be only to lose weight, but to change your lifestyle. A lifestyle where you need to buy and drink XX brand shakes to nourish yourself isn't a very sustainable one.

Learn to eat. Exercise. Rest. That's it.

Well from there business standpoint it seems to be working for the ones who invest in this product. You stop and start to gain so right back on the product.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    hello does anyone do herbalife or juice plus on here?

I used to do herbalife.... And have some tubs left but I'm not sure if it's actual safe to use?

I do Food Plus. It's a very effective program in which you eat at either a caloric deficit or maintenance and exercise regularly.
  • erinj16
    erinj16 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    All these 'nutrition shakes' are seriously the bain of my existence. And the worst part is, all these 'coaches' turn into pseudo-personal trainers and nutritionists without any certification or proper training, when really, they're just like sleezy car salesmen selling a product.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Not surprised. It didn't teach you sustainable eating habits, or creating your own calorie deficit. You also probably lost a lot of water weight during that time.
  • ellierose0xx
    Options

I might just bin them x
  • ellierose0xx
    Options
    Thanks all I'll just bin them and stick to this
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    A genuine question: why would anyone want to replace food with unsatisfying liquid? I really don't get the idea behind diet shakes.
  • monicarungood
    monicarungood Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did Herbalife for a short time but I'd just have it as a snack after a workout, usually. I think a serving was like 150 calories or something super low like that and that seemed no bueno to me as a "meal."
  • crusinforlosin
    Options
    I'm on herbalife.