Looking for support group of members that need to lose 75+lbs

Options
I am starting my journey yet again, yes I can't tell you how many years I have been at this. I am determined, but lack the support at home. My husband and kids (grown now) are all skinny so they just don't understand what I am going through and how hard it is. They think why can't we bring french bread and ice cream in the house, you can just not eat it. My biggest struggle is consistency because of the lack of support, its hard to motivate yourself. Please send me a friend request if you can relate and we can support each other.

Replies

• 19_84_jade
    19_84_jade Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
    my other half has a terrible diet eats what he wants so I understand you!!
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • JessDickman72
    JessDickman72 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me as well! Happy to help.
  • penneysfit
    penneysfit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's tough when there is no support at home. You can add me too :)
  • Jennirunner
    Options
    My family is also skinny and they eat anything they want. We have all kinds of junk in our house but I make a choice not to eat it. I need to be healthy for myself. I shop the produce and meat section only for myself and prep food on Sundays for the week so I know what my meals will be. Food prep is really helpful. You can male a big pot of soup and freeze individual portions in mason jars. Prep fruits and veggies ahead. Roast some veggies or sweet potatoes for the week. Make a big bowl of salad and package in Tupperware. Sunday is all about preparing for the next week. If your family is eating ice cream take the opportunity to go for a walk. You'll be glad you did. And they will be done when you get back. My diet coach is also a fun app to use with MFP. Hang in there. It gets easier. The less junk you eat, the less you will want it. It is chemically processed to make you crave and eat it.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Be glad to help and listen when you need to just vent. By the way, you should go to community, scroll to the bottom and click on Biggest Loser Season 15. Find Team Teal and join us! We will be beginning a new 6 weeks very shortly, just finishing up on week 6 this week now. It has helped me so much to stay in the game, knowing others are counting on me to lose weight and participate in daily challenges, weekly challenges and some of the mini challenges. We get points for participating every week. Our team got the high score last week. Not to brag, but we are AWESOME!!! B)
  • sexynana1969
    sexynana1969 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I can't seem to find the biggest loser Season 15. Also Jennirunner you are much nicer than me. My kids are grown so its just me and my husband for the most part and he can have junk, it just has to be junk I don't like. LOL selfish maybe, but I know myself, I can make an excuse and reason for anything. He has gotten much better over the years. He used to bake a cake the same day I would start my diet. LOL
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I understand your struggle. I have lost 116 lbs with 134 to go. I have lost and gained probably 500 lbs in my adult lifetime. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • cellopinar
    cellopinar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also starting this journey and would like to loose 70lb and aiming for new year 2016. I am new here and would like to make friends.