Counting calories for foods without nutritional information

Options
Hello everyone!

I would like to know the best way to enter a calorie count for foods that do not supply the nutritional information. For example, I enjoyed some wonderful organic soup from a local restaurant this afternoon specializing in vegan, raw, and vegetarian food. All their food is extremely healthy and made with organic, raw (where appropriate), and local products. I know what I'm eating from there is food packed with awesome nutritional value! What I don't know is how many calories it is and what to enter into MyFitnessPal because I do keep an eye on the number of calories I consume daily.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Replies

• many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, ask! I bet that even if your shop doesn't offer you the recipe, they can at least give you an idea of what goes into a portion of your soup.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I search for something like it. We buy soup that's made in bulk from a local store. Nothing on it about calories. I find that trying to find something that matches it is better than not logging at all.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Check the database first, you'd be surprised at how huge it is.
    For instance, lets say your restaurant organic meal was kale and white bean soup. There are many in the database that you could get a close estimate to what you want.
  • TigersFan14
    TigersFan14 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! Thank you everyone!