Starting again :(

Hey, I used this years ago but couldn't stick to it as I'm in the militiary and usually out of signal range. Also due to eating militiary food.

Really need to lose weight and get fit!

Any advice on how I can get fit and slim and being able to fit it into a routine after being out of it for so long would be appreciated!

Thank you
Jade

Replies

• lizrd65
    lizrd65 Posts: 17 Member
    I would try a low carb diet, I dropped some weight doing that.
  • JadeDHayes
    JadeDHayes Posts: 15 Member
    Last week, I tried salmon for the first time! That is dedication!!

I'll try cut carbs out as much as I can.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    What is the point of cutting a food group? Eat at a deficit. You will lose weight. Congrats on trying a new food...especially salmon. That ish is gooood.
  • JadeDHayes
    Not so much cutting them out, just lowering the amount of intake of carbs?

Thank you
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    lizrd65 wrote: »
    I would try a low carb diet, I dropped some weight doing that.

No. Do not listen to this. There is no reason to eat low carb. Your brain's food source is carbs, if you drop them too low, you will literally start to feel, act, and get stupid. I've been there, it's no fun, trust me.

The reason people lose "weight" eating low carb is because the body will use up its glycogen stores in the muscle (small storages of sugar to be used for energy in times of brief famine) and low-carbers mistake this weight loss for fat loss.

OP, I have no idea what they serve in the military, so if you can't get an accurate count on things, your best bet is to educate yourself on what a smarter food choice would be at mealtimes, and choose that.Focus on eating lots of vegetables and lean proteins, as they are filling and low-calories.

Also if you have access to weights I would start weightlifting. That paired with a calorie deficit will slim you down better than anything else.

• JadeDHayes
    Thank you for your post.
    Definitely something for me to think about.

I have to make use with what I have. No excuses! :) thanks