Does anyone using MFP follow the Slimming World plan?

Options
Hello! I'm wondering if anyone has switched to Slimming World after counting calories? I've been logging everything on MFP for the last few weeks but I think I'd like to give SW a go - I feel a bit worried that my calorie intake will end up being huge though! Does anyone here stick to Slimming World principles and still log their intake? I'm concerned that it might just mix my melons.

Replies

• annh7
    annh7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im on slimming world, no weighing or counting but it does worry me a bit about the big portions I eat! So I'm logging everything on MFP. Hoping I will still lose? Time will tell
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few people using Slimming World (and Weight Watchers) with MFP. Do a quick search.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I know this is a week or so old, but I follow SW and have just started using mfp to log calories. When my online subscription to SW runs out in a couple months, I'm going to switch to just calorie counting. I find that following the programme my calories we naturally right in the range they should be. My only criticism of SW is that it doesn't take exercise into account for syns. If I ate only free food, I'd either not get the calories I'd need after a big workout (otherwise my calories would be way too low), or would have to eat a lot more than I could without feeling ill. I just will then go over my points for the day sometimes if I need a nakd bar or something.

In general, it is a good programme and I've lost over 50 lbs on it since September so it clearly works!
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi! I lost around 30 on it and that was always going over Syns for the very reason you mention.
    But after around 6 months it stopped working for me, even with clawing the Syns back to 15. I think it's because I'm just 5ft 0 and I found ways to eat on it that would send me way over calorie - like the delicious 6 egg omelettes I make, or I might snack on a big bowl of SW chips, or make an enormous casserole with a mountain of mashed potato.
    I still go to group as I've grown attached to the people there. But at this weight the plan has got to be a lot tighter than what it was giving me.