where can I buy?

Options
Jain
Jain Posts: 861 Member
I'm coming to the US & Canada (Seattle, Portland then Vancouver) for our vacation in a couple of weeks & I'll be looking out for larger sized (US size 18) work out clothes. Thay are impossibe to get here in the UK.

Can anyone point me at some shops that stock larger sizes.

Many thanks in advance.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I get my workout clothes at Target and I really like them. They sell XL and XXL, although they don't always have a lot in stock.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I know Target, Wal-Mart and many sporting goods stores have them. There's also Lane Bryant... I'd assume they carry them, too. Enjoy your visit!
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has some. I know in Vancouver they do.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Target's where I go, as well. Or, honestly, as much as I hate going in there, any Walmart Superstore will have cheap options.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Also a store called Avenue. I prefer Avenue over Lane Bryant because IMO clothes from Avenue hold up better than clothes from Lane Bryant and their prices are much lower.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fred Meyer also carries plus size workout clothing.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Lane bryant stores actually dont carry alot, mainly online, but Fashion Bug, Avenue, Target, Walmart, Ross/Tj Maxx/Marshalls (depending on your area they keep larger sizes in stock and have nice brands) but most major sporting good stores do here in Phoenix, and I KNOW they do in the southern areas because I lived there previously
  • Jain
    Options
    Wow! Fast answers Ladies. Many thanks. Tho my poor hubbie might not be so happy!:wink:
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Reitmann's stores (Vancouver area) usually have plus sizes in their stores (although not all of them) and they have work out clothes. I've never tried them on but LOVE all their other clothes. Wal-Mart is also a good place to get work out clothes in the plus sizes.

If you're driving from Seattle to Vancouver, stop at the Wal-Mart near Tulalip Resort as I know they have stuff there and the prices are good.

Enjoy your stay in Vancouver - it's a beautiful area if I do say so myself! :blushing:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Try Winners in Canada. They always have lots of larger sizes in workout gear.
  • boymomthree
    boymomthree Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Target is good but my favorite workout clothes are by far Old Navy and they have the larger sizes. Get the fold over waist
    yoga capris and pants. They hold you in just as well, or in my opinion, better than expensive Danskin ones and are so comfortable and don't move at all.
  • Jain
    Options
    Thanks again ladies, I knew I could rely on you all.:flowerforyou:
    All shops have been added to my to do list for the hols, so hopefully I can dump the baggy leggings & t's when I get back home!