Getting Back on Track

Options
Sportfinatic77
Sportfinatic77 Posts: 3
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey everyone, I started a diet/workout routine in January of 2013 and managed to drop about 60 pounds by May 13. Then went on a vacation and it went back down hill. I then got back on track and was down around 80 pounds to my lowest since college in OCT 13. But then once again it gave way until Jan 19, 2015. I still managed to keep off about 33 of the original 80 I had lost. Its rough going through it again, but once you can last a couple weeks again of the routine it really helps. Does anyone have any suggestions or good methods of support to keep from letting it go again after a few months of hard work?

Thanks!

Replies

• angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Im still on my journey.. but for me the big difference this time is this is not a diet... this is a change for a lifetime... these changes wont be just till I get to goal weight.. I will be living like this for the rest of my life. Good choices and when you have one bad meal.. dont write of the whole day and start tomorrow. Start with the next thing we put in my mouth. Work with the calories we have to use and burn extra when we need to. Change ya mindset!!!
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. There will be some bad days but don't let a bad day turn into a bad week. Keep up the behavior that is working. For me that is keeping a food diary... If you bite it write it! Keep an eye on portions at all times, after s while you get pretty good at eyeballing but check yourself every once in s while with the food scale.
  • guapa68
    guapa68 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds like great advice- I also believe it's got to be a forever change and also have you identified what led to your gains in the past ? - I have discovered I am a real emotional eater basically when my ship does not sail as I have planned - I EAT !
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1. If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.
    2. You can't out train a bad diet.
    3. Only you can change you.
    4. Take 'before' pics of yourself, and decide you never want to look like that again. Keep them as a reminder.

Focus on what you want to achieve and make it your first priority.

Realize that it's a lifestyle change.

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF :-)

Best of luck with your goals.
  • Sportfinatic77
    Sportfinatic77 Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone, a lot of great ideas.
  • lm2008
    lm2008 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to stay on track when you are on vacation, or even just hanging out with friends on the weekend when they don't have similar weight loss/fitness goals as you. I find that I have to remind myself that this journey hasn't been/isn't easy and most of my friends don't struggle with the same things I do, so I have to keep reminding myself of my goals and ensure I hold myself accountable.

I just started using MFP and would love some friends who are working towards similar goals. Feel free to add me.