I don't understand some of the things in the posts, Help ple

Options
Fergieberg
Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
So I've been on MFP for a while now and I've seen a few things I have no idea what they mean or how to do a few things.
1st thing- what does bump mean?
2nd- how do you copy what someone says so it comes up in the blue box?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• mektnf04
    mektnf04 Posts: 22
    Options
    So I've been on MFP for a while now and I've seen a few things I have no idea what they mean or how to do a few things.
    1st thing- what does bump mean?
    2nd- how do you copy what someone says so it comes up in the blue box?

Thanks for the help!

click quote
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Bump can either mean that the post is interesting and they want to come back to it for reference or to comment on it at a later more convenient time. (by bumping it, it shows on your profile that you made a comment on a thread, and by showing that you don't have to go through zillions of posts to find the one you looked at earlier) And to copy just highlight what you want to quote and click on quote.. Good luck
  • peytjalmom
    peytjalmom Posts: 76
    Options
    "Bump" bumps the post to the top of the Recent Posts list and adds the thread to your My Topics list for future viewing. Look at the bottom right corner of the post and you ll see "Quote". That s how you quote someone with the blue box.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If you "Bump" a post it will bring it into the "My Topics" Which makes it much easier to find later. Also if you bump something it will count as a post and will show up in the recent post for other people to see.

to get the blue box-- at the bottem of every post you have 3 different options. One of them is to quote, if you do this you will get the post and then be able to write something of your own.
  • mkiesel33
    mkiesel33 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks I didn't know what Bump meant either
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Bump is just a way for people to come back to the thread quickly.

If you want to quote click quote on the bottom right corner of the comment you want to quote.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Bump stands for "bump up my post"
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I didn't know either and just thought it meant interesting post, now I know.:smile: