SWEATING FOR THE WEDDING?

Options
Any other brides-to-be want to buddy up for motivation & support? I have 34 weeks to go and 42lbs to lose. Who's with me?

Replies

• monkeymormon
    Options
    Not getting married anytime soon, but I'm definitely in this! I want to look and feel my best for my sailor! ⚓
  • beena0930
    beena0930 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have about 27 weeks til i get married and i'd like to lose 40 lbs. :D
  • EllsBells623
    Options
    Awesome! I personally need work out motivation, I'm lazy. I've been eating really healthy though. Feel free to post pics of your meals, any healthy recipes you want to share or work out routines.

This was my dinner tonight: 5.5 oz. grilled chicken with Bayou Cajun seasoning cooked in half a tbsp of EVOO & sugar snap peas cooked in half tbsp of coconut oil

5ow8uvzx6hih.jpg
  • EllsBells623
    Options
    Liquid lunch today, 372 calories. Going to try & do a workout from FitnessBlender.com in a little bit.

1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 medium banana (frozen)
    1 Tbsp organic creamy peanut butter
    1 Tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
    1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 handfuls of raw spinach

scqwz33njnoj.jpg
  • ariam6
    Options
    Meeee!!!!! :D im getting married oct 31 of this year. Want to lose 31lbs total. Lost 3lbs so far
  • eapple87
    eapple87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We don't have a date because we're just going to the jop when I feel ready. I'd like to feel my best when I do decide it's time, hopefully within the next few months. I'm also "sweating" because right after we marry I want to get pregnant and want to be at my best for my baby!

Brides unite!
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried this? Zero calories I hear.
    http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/Tm/pizza-layer-cake.jpg
  • EllsBells623
    Options
    Yea brides unite! I have tried to lose weight a bunch of times in the past but I've never been as motivated as I am now, knowing I'll be wearing white come September. Looking my healthiest in our pictures is really important to me. Being healthy in general is important to me and I've been putting off making this change for 2 years now!

In response to that pizza cake pic posted above ^^^ I used to look at that and crave it but now I look at it and I know it won't do anything for me nutrition wise and it will just set me back from achieving my goal so see ya later pizza! I love making zucchini pizza boats when you scoop out the middle and put ground turkey, sauce, and a little cheese and then bake it. Yum!

But for the record, I do allow myself one cheat item a week. So far it's been one York peppermint patty (my fav). It hasn't hurt my progress and it helps make me feel that I'm not missing out or being deprived. I am a chocoholic. I found a recipe to make a healthier version but I haven't tried it out yet.

Anyone get their dress yet??
  • EllsBells623
    Options
    I kind of contradicted myself with the whole pizza/peppermint patty thing but you guys get me right? Maybe pizza is your York peppermint patty. One cheat here & there might actually help you stay on track in the long haul. So don't get discouraged!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    The York PP idea is a great one. I like that you buy only one. Not like there is a bag of them laying in the pantry calling your name. I am not getting married, but will be the mother of the groom in the fall of the year ( not sure of the date yet ). I don't want to be the fat lady that ruins the pictures, so I have really been working on getting weight off of me. 13 pounds down since Jan 1; 94 to go to get to my goal of 135. I may not get all the way there by the fall, but 60 would be great. I have a goal of losing 7 pounds a month (feb-oct) and that would give me 70 more.
    By the way, if you haven't checked them out, go join one of the Biggest Loser Teams. We are just now finishing up on week 6 and will be starting a new 6 week challenge very soon. I am on Team Teal. We won last week's challenge. Not bragging, but we are AWESOME!!! Lisa Child is our team leader. She has really helped me stay on track with my weight loss goal. I joined the team and do some mini challenges, daily and weekly challenges and get points for each thing I am able to complete. It helps me stay on task, because I know my other team mates are counting on me to pull big numbers, and not just on the scale. To find us, go to the community tab, scroll down when the page loads, click on Biggest Loser and find Team Teal. B)
  • jenisid
    jenisid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Getting married in September, have 28 weeks to lose 40 pounds ick!
  • rlynn1150
    rlynn1150 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Getting married in 152 days! <3 I have my first dress fitting next month!
  • coreykapow
    Options
    I'm Getting married in 4 months!
  • lorilou86
    lorilou86 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've got exactly six months to our big day and I want to lose 35lbs...feel like I need to get my skates on now! Have lost 6lbs since the beginning of the year, not really trying, but need to stop the frequent cheat days now and crack on! :smile: