What do you think of 100% Whey by CytoSport?

Options
Hello,
I currently weight 122 lbs and have 19.5% body fat.
My goal is to reduced my body fat to 10%. I have recently purchased 100% Whey by CytoSport (creators of Muscle Milk) and it has a great taste (vanilla, 6lbs). I shally take it after my workout, but sometimes I take it before and after my workout.
I was wondering if any of you take it too and have any comments on it.

Replies

• iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    Usually*
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i have used it, and the chocolate flavor. they arent too bad - i usually make a big shake in the morning with it + greek yogurt, milk, fruit, etc. sometimes i mix half a scoop in some oatmeal, with other flavorings.
    im not a big fan of it mixed plain with milk but will do it if i have to. i recently bought some chocolate Optimum Nutrition and its way better than cytosport, but has a higher price tage
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    it's a powdered (mostly) protein.
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I like the muscle milk. Hacnt tried the whey as I like the amino acid supplements. Nice to know it tastes fine.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's a good protein powder, but it's just a supplement. But understand it will help you get protein in your diet, but it won't help you lose fat or anything.

But how tall are you?
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I use it. Have also tried the vanilla one.
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    It's a good protein powder, but it's just a supplement. But understand it will help you get protein in your diet, but it won't help you lose fat or anything.

But how tall are you?

I'm 5"6'
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Hold on, you're a male that is 122 lbs and 19.5% looking to get down to 10%??? How tall are you?

That's right. I'm 5"6'
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Considering you are almost borderline underweight, have you ever considered you aren't getting results because you don't have enough muscle?
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    Mhm. Well, my personal trainer said I should try going up to 140 lbs within a year and not worry about burning fat, but idk...
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Mhm. Well, my personal trainer said I should try going up to 140 lbs within a year and not worry about burning fat, but idk...
    It may be beneficial to look into a slow bulk if you are afraid of gaining too much fat. A solid heavy lifting routine would be beneficial (preferably, I like a hypertrophy style). But I would agree with your training in some aspects, but just not the time frame.

• iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    It may be beneficial to look into a slow bulk if you are afraid of gaining too much fat. A solid heavy lifting routine would be beneficial (preferably, I like a hypertrophy style). But I would agree with your training in some aspects, but just not the time frame.

Well, my goal is to build lean muscle and have abs (like every other guy) mostly because I'm trying to work for a modeling company.
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say your trainer probably thinks you lack lbm and shouldn't be losing weight. I would agree with that. The time frame is something else. That is up to you but you should still do it.

You are already thin. You say you are somehow 20% bf, if that is somehow true then getting to 10% would either make you look completely emaciated or land you in the hospital even before you get there.

Also, can you post a picture because I'm having a really hard time seeing how you are 19.5% at 122 lbs.

Yeah, I'll post a picture in a bit (before I go to the gym).
  • psuLemon
    edited February 2015
    Options

Well, my goal is to build lean muscle and have abs (like every other guy) mostly because I'm trying to work for a modeling company.

Well you can't have abs if you don't have muscle. And if you want to build muscle,then you need a progressive lifting program and a surplus.