Skinny fat / Unhappy / Unhealthy

Options
Hello!

I joined MFP a while ago, but always failed at keeping myself accountable. I would go on these insane weeks of working out everyday / setting unrealistic expectations / crash dieting just to give up and binge after a week or so.

I finally realized that I was very unhappy with the way this was working out - especially because I have a strong chance of developing diabetes genetically (both my father and grandmother passed away from complications).

I'm back on MFP and really hoping this time to stick with it and take it one day at a time. Wish me luck and any words on how you stayed consistent will really help! Thanks!

Replies

• 77Ben42
    77Ben42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey add me (:
  • carolinewilton
    carolinewilton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JKimm1 wrote: »
    Hello!

I joined MFP a while ago, but always failed at keeping myself accountable. I would go on these insane weeks of working out everyday / setting unrealistic expectations / crash dieting just to give up and binge after a week or so.

I finally realized that I was very unhappy with the way this was working out - especially because I have a strong chance of developing diabetes genetically (both my father and grandmother passed away from complications).

I'm back on MFP and really hoping this time to stick with it and take it one day at a time. Wish me luck and any words on how you stayed consistent will really help! Thanks!
    Hey add me (:

Hi there

Sorry you are finding hard to be consistent. I find planning my meals really helpful, one week in advance. We have a lockable tin on treats too to stop me bingeing. My husband keeps the key. Sounds bazzar I know, but works. I exercise by walking most places and know that this has to be done so I stick to it. Sometimes I get fed up and it all goes wrong. I forgive myself and start again.

Best of luck.

Caroline

• SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like ;)
  • JKimm1
    JKimm1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    JKimm1 wrote: »
    Hello!

Hey add me (:

Hi there

Sorry you are finding hard to be consistent. I find planning my meals really helpful, one week in advance. We have a lockable tin on treats too to stop me bingeing. My husband keeps the key. Sounds bazzar I know, but works. I exercise by walking most places and know that this has to be done so I stick to it. Sometimes I get fed up and it all goes wrong. I forgive myself and start again.

Best of luck.

Caroline

Thank you Caroline for your sweet words of encouragement. My difficulty is the forgiveness part.. If I binge eat, I hate myself for the day and then continue to binge eat out of guilt (don't know if that makes sense). I've taken your advice and started planning my meals and packing my lunches, thanks!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi! Never give up. I can really relate to what you are saying. It's frustrating. I could never keep a deficit, I had to eat the full amount, then exercise extra if I wanted to lose weight. I stayed strong, but couldn't reduce my bf% with any finality.
    Finally I found a way to reset my appetite and I can keep a deficit. I've been tracking my measurements and weighing in regularly. So exciting to see progress, and to not feel cravings. I literally feel like I got out of jail or something. I was so tied to food!
  • JKimm1
    Options
    Hi! Never give up. I can really relate to what you are saying. It's frustrating. I could never keep a deficit, I had to eat the full amount, then exercise extra if I wanted to lose weight. I stayed strong, but couldn't reduce my bf% with any finality.
    Finally I found a way to reset my appetite and I can keep a deficit. I've been tracking my measurements and weighing in regularly. So exciting to see progress, and to not feel cravings. I literally feel like I got out of jail or something. I was so tied to food!

How exactly did you reset your appetite? I want to eat EVERYTHING! hhahaha, if I see it, I want to eat it.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to lose? Or is it more you want to find balance with diet and fitness?
  • JKimm1
    Options
    How much do you want to lose? Or is it more you want to find balance with diet and fitness?

It's more to find a balance. I recently had my bloodwork done and my sugar levels are way too high. With MFP I started feeling guilty whenever I logged all the junk I ate so I just gave up altogether.
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Good luck for this time :) feel free to add me :)
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for success! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed diabetic at 173 lbs. At that time it didn't matter if I stayed away from sugars or carbs, my numbers were consistently bad.
    Finally I began to lose weight (45 lbs) by counting calories. I ate sugar if I wanted and carbs if I wanted, but I lost weight. After 45 lbs my sugar came way down, and all my numbers were within normal range. So it wasn't necessarily my food choices but my weight.
    I guess what I am saying is if you are overweight, losing weight may help but if you are already thin, it may be a bit more tricky.
    If you are thin and your bloodwork still shows high sugars it is very important for you to watch your food choices. You do not want diabetes, it is a very damaging diagnosis. I'm not sure what to say to help you make better choices but, maybe allow yourself a "treat" daily but also making sure you get adequate protein.
    make sure you are eating at least .8 gms of protein per pound of your body weight. Use MFP to track this.
    There are groups on here that focus on diabetes. Good luck!
  • donmandee1
    donmandee1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can do it! I'm starting today. Just gonna try eat less, drink less and jog 2-3 times a week. My Goal is 10kg within 3 months. Good Luck. c",)