Falling off the ban wagon on the weekends

Options
hi everyone my name is Jessica! I have been doing really well this last week like I normally do during the weeks. But as soon as the weekend hits I tend to enduldge in "treats" and going out to restaurants and so on! If you have gone through this what did you do to get past this or things that help you stay on track during the weekend?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I eat lighter during the week (bank my calories) so I can indulge on the weekends :)
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    My diet doesn't usually survive Saturday but consider I usually wait tables for 12-18 hrs that day and hit 15-20k steps while still managing to leave my phone/calculator /pedometer in half a dozen places while I run food .I think it's ok.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I like "ban wagon" :D That really is what happens, isn't it? You "ban" food or quantities then have a what-the-heck day. "Band wagon" is so much less descriptive :D
  • Nicole921
    Nicole921 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a very hard time on the weekends too. So much easier to be good during the week when I'm busy with work and on a schedule.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I eat lighter during the week (bank my calories) so I can indulge on the weekends :)

This works perfect for me too. Makes maintaining a breeze as well. :)
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Are you logging the food from the restaurants? If not prepare to be gobsmacked at how much the calories are.
    I check the menu ahead of time and calculate the calories. If the calories are a blow out, I make sure I do some exercise in the morning to lessen it. Choose healthier options. If you're 30, you could have 40 more years to go out to dinner. You're not missing out if you choose the salad THIS time you go out. There are 40 more years to choose the fatty creamy meal - limit them to special occasions.
    In the morning on a Saturday, log your meal choices for the weekend so you've more or less decided what you're having. If you eat something else, you need to work out harder on Monday. You don't somehow magically not put on weight because it's the weekend. and finally, the weekend is 2 full days. That's 30% of your week. If you factor in Friday night too, that's even more. Can you afford to eat crap 30% of the time? No.
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I usually allow myself ONE real meal in a restaurant on a weekend if I am going out (brrrr, it's cold here in the swinter), and just don't go nuts on the carbs/sugar during it.

Nothing that harmful about a steak and potato/greens even with butter, etc.

Adjust your micros a bit and you'll be fine.
  • cmckee4574
    cmckee4574 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Enjoy food. (Period)! Be kind to yourself and indulge, walk/run a little more....then eat more veggies, drink tons of water. Don't worry too much about a cheeseburger! But don't have 3!
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    At my age any fall off the wagon days are spent with the next four days of fixing the mess of one! Not even worth it. I remember a trainer telling me that too... One day of bad eating takes three-four days to get back on track.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    What is your goal?

Now, commit! Just as you would for a marriage. Really commit to this one thing.

Do you cheat on your husband during the weekend? No? Same thing. Commit to a worthwhile goal and it will happen for you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    I like "ban wagon" :D That really is what happens, isn't it? You "ban" food or quantities then have a what-the-heck day. "Band wagon" is so much less descriptive :D

not really.

That's a horrible way to think of it.

I came in here specifically to say- get ride of the band wagon idea. Something that you jump on or off and just do the thing.

Understanding that there will be good days and bad days- you'll have good weekends and bad weekends- and learning to control it so it doesn't spiral out of control is hands down the best gift you can give to yourself through time and consistency.
  • brittynycole705
    Options
    I seem to find I eat bad on weekends also which really isn't any help to me I have a hard time turning down yummy food bit its not helping my progress at all
  • cjgardener
    cjgardener Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same issue. The best thing is to just work up tht will power.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of the same but getting better. I try to stick w it for most of the day then hubby will want to eat out and I splurge. I try not to blow off the whole day or weekend.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Plan for it, and punish yourself on the elliptical to burn those calories away. Knowing the consequences of an action makes it much less attractive.
  • agape567
    agape567 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem for years!!! Then got totally fed up with feeling like a failure after every weekend splurge.
    I now commit full time to my diet. But I do try to excercise more and allow myself a healthy desert now and then.
    This is a lifestyle change for me. So I'm not trying to loose weight quickly. My main focus is excercise and small healthy portions. It's working so far. I feel better for it