breakfast help pleas :)

Options
Hi all just looking for some low carb high energy breakfast ideas?
Thanks

Replies

• shamani5
    shamani5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Eggs and meat for breakfast always works best for me.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs. Eggs and sausage. Simple. Easy to make.
  • tbfincher
    Options
    Carbs are what your body uses for energy, so there is no such thing as a low carb high energy breakfast, it's an oxymoron.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and fruit keep me full or good old fashion porridge. I know carbs but good fiber and stick to your ribs.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Im a little different in that I like eating dinner for breakfast. I suffer eating sausage (pork or turkey) and eggs but I hate it. I prefer chicken / salad with a hard boiled egg or avocado. Also celery or lettuce with tuna (or peanut butter with the celery).

Personally I could do a smoked sausage (pork or turkey) and veggies grill mix or homemade chicken soup. Tacos are also a net protein.

My best day since Ive been tracking is chicken / salad for breakfast, tuna for lunch, and chili for dinner... but I would also eat any of those for breakfast.

Fincher is simply uninformed BTW.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ya, turkey bacon and eggs here. Turkey is pre cooked too.

Maybe a protein smoothie with protein powder and Greek yogurt and coffee?
  • peaceful_minion
    peaceful_minion Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs - not breaded. For me usually with greek yogurt or fruit. I'll make up 12 at a time and freeze half of them. Its a great grab-n-go breakfast.
  • kshermo1
    Options
    Select from the following: Greek yogurt with berries, hard or soft boiled eggs, grapefruit, almond/coconut milk-based protein shake with cocoa powder added for extra flavor.
  • tbfincher
    Options
    Im a little different in that I like eating dinner for breakfast. I suffer eating sausage (pork or turkey) and eggs but I hate it. I prefer chicken / salad with a hard boiled egg or avocado. Also celery or lettuce with tuna (or peanut butter with the celery).

Personally I could do a smoked sausage (pork or turkey) and veggies grill mix or homemade chicken soup. Tacos are also a net protein.

My best day since Ive been tracking is chicken / salad for breakfast, tuna for lunch, and chili for dinner... but I would also eat any of those for breakfast.

Fincher is simply uninformed BTW.

How am I uniformed?

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    tbfincher wrote: »
    Carbs are what your body uses for energy, so there is no such thing as a low carb high energy breakfast, it's an oxymoron.
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • tbfincher
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Ok Wooly Willy, you tell me what macronutrient your body uses for energy that isn't a carb then.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Ok Wooly Willy, you tell me what macronutrient your body uses for energy that isn't a carb then.
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs - not breaded. For me usually with greek yogurt or fruit. I'll make up 12 at a time and freeze half of them. Its a great grab-n-go breakfast.
    Ohh I love scotch eggs!!! I use almond meal instead of breading.
    Good stuff!j6rtfea9dirm.jpg
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous statements. Carbs are a NO GO for evening time or before bedtime meals, why? Simple because you're not using energy, although for those building muscle eating protein before bed is great because your body will utilize that to REPAIR muscles. For those simply trying to lose weight? Carbs should still be consumed but definetly in lower percentages when comparing it to your daily protein and fat intake. In the morning you want some energy, a boost. Eat fruit or something sweet tasting which has what they like to call "simple sugars" or short acting carbs. This will quickly turn into energy for you to be used readily. This would also be great to do RIGHT before a workout! Things like rice or oatmeal while oatmeal is great it is very high in carbs, but also high in slower acting carbs, this I would recommend for the middle of the day type of meal. I hope this post makes sense and is helpful. I welcome any criticism for my post as well, as I am still doing research on nutrition.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    I agree with previous statements. Carbs are a NO GO for evening time or before bedtime meals, why? Simple because you're not using energy, although for those building muscle eating protein before bed is great because your body will utilize that to REPAIR muscles. For those simply trying to lose weight? Carbs should still be consumed but definetly in lower percentages when comparing it to your daily protein and fat intake. In the morning you want some energy, a boost. Eat fruit or something sweet tasting which has what they like to call "simple sugars" or short acting carbs. This will quickly turn into energy for you to be used readily. This would also be great to do RIGHT before a workout! Things like rice or oatmeal while oatmeal is great it is very high in carbs, but also high in slower acting carbs, this I would recommend for the middle of the day type of meal. I hope this post makes sense and is helpful. I welcome any criticism for my post as well, as I am still doing research on nutrition.

huh? pure nonsense.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Fat, protein, and carbs are all used for energy. Those are what calories are comprised from.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »

so if you are in a calorie deficit for the day but consume carbs in your last meal before bedtime does that mean that you are then magically in a surplus and gain weight????

you need to do some more studying...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

protein and fat….
  • bronzeambition
    bronzeambition Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my go-to because they're basically perfect, but when I'm in a hurry I grab turkey jerky.
  • tbfincher
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Fat, protein, and carbs are all used for energy. Those are what calories are comprised from.

Fat cannot be used as energy until it is broken down into glycerol, which is a carbohydrate. And protein is used for protein synthesis, not energy.