Sugaaar!

Options
So, since adding sugar to my food log... I go over EVERY DAYYY

Even on days like today, where I didn't eat any sweets (or even any fruit...) I hit the red around lunch time.

I realize that MFP doesn't distinguish between the "good" and "bad" sugars, but is there a more reasonable number that I could aim for? It's currently at 26 and that silly red font is discouraging! Any suggestions for manually changing it??

Replies

• JJ_27
    JJ_27 Posts: 19
    Options
    me too!! im always way over :( i think the goal setting is unrealistic.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What is it that is making your sugars go over?
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear suggestions on this topic, too. I got too frustrated with sugar so I changed mine to fiber and sodium!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I honestly chose not to track it.
    I don't put sugar in anything. I do my best to avoid foods with it added..
    If I go over from 2 apples, strawberries, and greek yogurt (with fruit added) - then I'm not worried about it.
    By removing it in my Settings window under the "Food" tab - It didn't frustrate me that way LOL!!!

(NOTE: If I was struggling with hitting my goal every day I'd turn it back on)...
    C.J.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    What is it that is making your sugars go over?

ehhh... chobani yogurt... CARROTS! maybe I'll just take the sugar tracker off, I think I'll just have to know that not eating 7lbs of chocolate is a good idea through my common sense and not because MFP says so.. :)
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you go over with natural sugars, I wouldn't worry about it. It seems silly.
    If you went over because of processed foods or because you ate 25 kit-kats then I'd be concerned lol.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you go over with natural sugars, I wouldn't worry about it. It seems silly.
    If you went over because of processed foods or because you ate 25 kit-kats then I'd be concerned lol.

Agree'd
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    You can always manually change the goals for sugar too, You could raise it to a number You're more comfortable with, then if you go over that you can worry.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's hard... it's VERY hard to stay under the guideline I was given (26g a day...) especially with my sweet tooth. I read a lot of labels and still end up going over most every day. But at least I'm trying, right?