2»

Replies

• itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    tbfincher wrote: »
    Carbs are what your body uses for energy, so there is no such thing as a low carb high energy breakfast, it's an oxymoron.
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Ok Wooly Willy, you tell me what macronutrient your body uses for energy that isn't a carb then.

Fat, protein, and carbs are all used for energy. Those are what calories are comprised from.

Fat cannot be used as energy until it is broken down into glycerol, which is a carbohydrate. And protein is used for protein synthesis, not energy.

I am aware of the metabolic processes. Protein can be converted via glyconeogenesis.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is mashed avocado on a piece of Ezekiel toast with either bacon or turkey sausage. A little protein, fat, and fiber gets my day going.
  • tbfincher
    Options

Carbs are what your body uses for energy, so there is no such thing as a low carb high energy breakfast, it's an oxymoron.
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Ok Wooly Willy, you tell me what macronutrient your body uses for energy that isn't a carb then.

Fat, protein, and carbs are all used for energy. Those are what calories are comprised from.

Fat cannot be used as energy until it is broken down into glycerol, which is a carbohydrate. And protein is used for protein synthesis, not energy.

I am aware of the metabolic processes. Protein can be converted via glyconeogenesis.

You're right, which turns it into a carb.

My intention wasn't to start an argument. It was simply to state that all energy comes from a form of carbohydrate. It's not to say you can't have a low carb breakfast that doesn't provide you with enough energy, it was simply that asking for a low carb breakfast that provided a lot of energy didn't make sense. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

• shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've taken to skipping breakfast, though sometimes I'll grab a banana or some other fruit but I like having calories to play with later in the day when I tend to struggle more with cravings.

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    I agree with previous statements. Carbs are a NO GO for evening time or before bedtime meals, why? Simple because you're not using energy, although for those building muscle eating protein before bed is great because your body will utilize that to REPAIR muscles. For those simply trying to lose weight? Carbs should still be consumed but definetly in lower percentages when comparing it to your daily protein and fat intake. In the morning you want some energy, a boost. Eat fruit or something sweet tasting which has what they like to call "simple sugars" or short acting carbs. This will quickly turn into energy for you to be used readily. This would also be great to do RIGHT before a workout! Things like rice or oatmeal while oatmeal is great it is very high in carbs, but also high in slower acting carbs, this I would recommend for the middle of the day type of meal. I hope this post makes sense and is helpful. I welcome any criticism for my post as well, as I am still doing research on nutrition.

lol

no
  • phreespirit
    phreespirit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs - not breaded. For me usually with greek yogurt or fruit. I'll make up 12 at a time and freeze half of them. Its a great grab-n-go breakfast.

Would you mind sharing the recipe??? I was born in england and I love them!!