Shift work...help!

Options

I am in to my second week. My biggest problem is.... I am a nurse and work rotating shifts. How do people eat right when your system is always confused?

Replies

• Meeshell91
    Meeshell91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I work night shift at the hospital.. I just make sure I log everything and keep it under my calorie amount for that day!! Good luck!! You can add me and I can help you if you need
  • heidimariebarsness
    Options
    I have the biggest problems on those days of the switches. Should I not eat until night when I am working or should I wake up and eat during the day?
  • heidimariebarsness
    Options
    Thanks for the advise Michelle!
  • keturaheaton
    keturaheaton Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I work 7pm-7a.
    When I get off at 7a I go home and eat breakfast and that's when I start logging for the day. But then I starve at night bc I don't have a lot of calories left.
  • Jbower1025
    Jbower1025 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to work night shift and what I would do is I would eat 'breakfast' when I woke up before leaving for work around 5ish. Then I would eat 'lunch' around 10ish. And then I would eat 'supper' around 3am. I wouldn't eat anything before going to bed at 8am when getting home from work I would just go right to bed. When I would have to switch back to day shift I would still eat like that working night shift, then if I was off that night and had to work the next day I would wake up around 12pm and eat like a 'brunch' then I would eat supper at a normal time like 6pm and then go to bed around 10pm to wake up for day shift the next day and of course on day shift you can eat on a schedule most people do. Hope this helps!