Working out with fibromyalgia

Options
Hey all, my name is Bethany & I am trying to get back on track and am under the supervision of a physician who has diagnosed me with fibro. I would love to connect and follow the progress of others in a similar situation, although it doesn't have to be fibro! I've got 49lbs to get off now since my last set back -- was in bed mostly for the last 6months, but I am determined to get back to where I was but it's not always about the weight, but yeahhh it would be nice!! :D I'm starting with a stationary bike and easing back into p90x. I also want to do more hiking, swimming, horseback riding and kayaking *fingers crossed* Please add me if you'd like, just understand I'll have good days and bad and it's really about trucking through it all not just dress sizes!! ;) I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll and hearing your "stories" hehe

Replies

• hjdaniels8
    hjdaniels8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My mom has fibro, have you tried the 21 day fix? The meal plan is amazing and super simple and the modifier in the workouts she has found the be perfect for her to take at her own pace. She also loves the stationary bike and helped her build up some strength. I understand what you are going through from watching it first hand, you've got this girl!!:) you can do it!! Take everything at your own pace and you'll be at your goal in no time!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have fibro. I go to physical therapy 2-3 times a week to work out under the supervision of the physical therapist. It really helps. Feel free to add me.I have 59 lbs off so far.