I need to stop being lazy and get healthy

There's always an excuse, I can think of millions but I'm lying to myself as well as my family. I'm not happy with the way I feel in my own body, when I eat well and exercise I feel good and look good. At the moment I feel sluggish, tired, low and I'm massively lacking motivation. I went for a really long walk with my little boy this morning and it made me realise I'm making him miss out on the outside world by being a lazy so and so. If I won't do it for myself I need to look after my health for him, I want to be here to watch him grow into a young man even if that is a long way off I need to grow up and start taking responsibility for my glutinous behaviour. I know I can eat well but I've never managed to get into a good exercise routine for longer than a month, I really need help with this so anyone who can support me please add me. Hope I've not bored you all too much, hope to be an active member of your community :-D 

Replies

• frendy21
    frendy21 Posts: 49 Member
    Remember everything is possible, it all takes consistency and effort but i think that you will be okay. Specially because your son is your motivation.
  • frendy21 wrote: »
    Remember everything is possible, it all takes consistency and effort but i think that you will be okay. Specially because your son is your motivation.

Thanks frendy. Think I need to get into good habits then I will be ok. Hopefully MFP will help me :-)
  • frendy21
    frendy21 Posts: 49 Member
    I think it will just get used to using it.. I was trying to add you but i don't know how.. If you wish to you can add me
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Hey there. As Frendy said, it that's consistency and effort. What has helped me with that was finding workouts and healthy foods that I enjoyed and making them part of my daily routine, similar to showering and brushing my teeth everyday. Stay positive and find what you enjoy. Please feel free to send me an add request.
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    I'm sure your son can help w activities. Walks, days at the park, swimming, ect. Plus there are so many cool exercises to try!!! Zumba being on of my personal favs! Start slow w things you can manage and build from there:) good luck to you:)
  • NikkyT30 wrote: »
    I'm sure your son can help w activities. Walks, days at the park, swimming, ect. Plus there are so many cool exercises to try!!! Zumba being on of my personal favs! Start slow w things you can manage and build from there:) good luck to you:)

Thank you Nikky. I've done Zumba before and enjoyed it, maybe I should look into this again.