Jumpstart?

Options
I have been doing everything right for the past 1 1/2 months!! BUT....I haven't lost a pound!!! :sad:

Is there anything I can do to jumpstart my weight loss?????

Replies

• KBagwell
    Options
    I have been doing everything right for the past 1 1/2 months!! BUT....I haven't lost a pound!!! :sad:

Is there anything I can do to jumpstart my weight loss?????
  • KBagwell
    Options
    I also meant to mention that I DO eat my exercise calories too!!
  • KBagwell
    Options
    Any ideas?
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your struggles. I know it's frusturating. When is the last time you had a check up? It may be a good idea to go to the doc for a check up. Something health wise may be the culprit for your weight loss struggles such as your thyroid.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • KBagwell
    Options
    It hasn't been long ago....

I was on the Depo shot and quit smoking all at the same time and thats when I put on most of my weight. Since getting off the shot I just haven't been able to lose! :sad:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Are you sure that you have your portions correct? That's the most common mistake. At least in the beginning, measure everything. Most of us tend to underestimate our calories because we don't recognize a true single portion.....

Are you being honest in the assessment of your activity? If you are over estimating your exertion level then you are over estimating how many calories burned. Again, this is a very common mistake. Don't go by the machines at the gym...they tend to overestimate by anywhere from 10% to 30%.

Are you recording EVERYTHING including juice, a few extra tablespoons of ketchup, that handlful of popcorn or those 6 M&M's you grabbed from someone's desk? Again, common mistakes, especially liquid calories.....like the sugar in sweet tea...etc.

That's the first suggestion. If that's not working try backing out an extra 200 calories and see if that does it. If you are only eating 1200 calories you might want to up it a little bit. you'll have to experiment until you find the right combination.

Oh--are you drinking enough? If not you could be retaining a lot of water.

If none of that works, then go see your doctor or a nutritionist or a personal trainer. Sometimes, we just need the help of a professional.

Good luck!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i would agree with lesser tess, make sure you are portioning correctly and the calories burned are as acurate as possible. i would also suggest uping your calories just by like 100-200 and you may see a dufference.

ans as crappy as it may sound make sure you are drinking enough water and not eating too much salt.
  • KBagwell
    Options
    I have my goals set at 1lb a week and I get 1560 calories a day! Your saying I need to up them some more???
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I worked out almost everyday for 3 months and didn't shed a pound... r u taking measurments? My body builds muscle fast - which weighs more - so I have found that taking measurements weekly is a good way to monitor my progress in order to keep myself motivated.

But the portion control and monitoring intake is imporant too - I wasn't really doing that the first 3 months.
  • jawaria
    Options
    I have my goals set at 1lb a week and I get 1560 calories a day! Your saying I need to up them some more???
    I would reduce the calories to 1300...see if that works. i am constantly having gto change my calories. what workouts are you doing? change ur workout routine and lower ur calorie intake to 1300. also drink a lot of water...that definitely gives u a jump start! I know for a fact! Give this a try and see if it works!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I would reduce the calories to 1300...see if that works. i am constantly having gto change my calories. what workouts are you doing? change ur workout routine and lower ur calorie intake to 1300. also drink a lot of water...that definitely gives u a jump start! I know for a fact! Give this a try and see if it works!

I would also suggest redusing your calories. try 1300 or 1400 for a few weeks and see how that goes (keep eating your exercise calories as well). Also are you watching your sodium? high sodium can cause you to retain water like mad, making it seem like you havn't lost anything when you have. High sodium foods could include fast food, frozen dinners (like lean cuisine), and a lot of seasonings you buy at the grocery store. Try tracking your sodium and see how you're doing. Good luck, you can do it!