cant say no to junk food.. HELP PLZ

Options
I dont know how to say NO to junk food. i say i wanna lose 20 pounds but i cant seem to keep my head straight :noway: its hard :explode: if someone can help with ideas that would be great

Replies

• AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Make your diary available for all to see. It's stopped me from grazing on bad things. I know if I eat the Twinkie, all my friends here will see what I did.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am in exactly the same position so would be interested how people have got over this hurdle. I eat very well but have a weakness when it comes to sugar!
  • slimdebbiecakes
    Options
    Sometimes I just limit myself to Once per week. I try to challenge myself to see if I have enough "will power" to overcome my craving. Sometimes I do. Or you could limit yourself to once per day, or you could do subsittues for it.
  • ladyjade68
    Options
    I'm the same way - I love to snack - could do it all day! I love chips & salsa, so I buy the low fat multigrain tortilla chips, and I COUNT the chips - one serving, measure the salsa - one serving. Then I add this to my food diary on MFP right away. I think the key is to find an alternative to the junk you really like and moderate yourself - maybe try some of the 100 calorie packs. I have also found that if I don't eat any sweets at all for a few days, fruit satifies my sweet tooth.
    Good luck with those 20 pounds.:flowerforyou:
  • Kjanthony
    Kjanthony Posts: 39
    Options
    :drinker: I find that when i am really craving the junk food i grab a bottle of water. it helps fill me up and makes me forget about the junk food.
  • tdoates
    tdoates Posts: 1
    Options
    I've found that about 12g of METRx a day stops my snacking cravings completely. I learned this from a fitness expert while still in the military.
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    I love Angela idea because with the amount of food I ate yesterday, I was surely thinking, man what will my MFP folks say about this lol. I am so much of a junk food addict that it's ridiculous. But since i've started MFP, I have been able to maintain it. I haven't really eaten any "chocolate" like I used to do but I have some weight watchers ice cream for when i just need something and most are only about 100 calories. I've switched to baked chips for when I just need some salt with hot sauce on them lol. And chocolate, I've only just recently bought some weight watchers no sugar pecan clusters. And that's just to sike myself out. But coming from where I used to eat Reese peanut butter cups KING SIZE almost 3 times a week, I think i'm doing great :-). I think you just have to start making better choices with the food. What kind of "junk" do you like? Try to start eating more fruit during the day so that you are too full to even think about junk. Or maybe buy one healthier kind of junk you like and you can eat on that throughout the week. I'm an emotionally eater but I honestly haven't found myself wanting to "pig out" on junk because if I get in that mood, I have a popsicle or a weight watchers ice cream...
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Figure out what healthy foods you like, then plan your meals meticulously. Taking the time to pack a nutritious lunch a day in advance helps me to avoid the ole "I don't feel like cooking" excuse that usually precedes a trip to McDonald's. Like sugar, greasy foods seem to have an additive quality to them so once you've broken free for a while, things will start to get easier.
    Best of luck.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Make your diary available for all to see. It's stopped me from grazing on bad things. I know if I eat the Twinkie, all my friends here will see what I did.

I did the same thing. Helps to keep me more accountable. If I'm too ashamed to post it, then I shouldn't be eating it.

Also, for this past Lent, I quit cold turkey (junk food, soda, fast food, etc). Trust me, it wasn't easy at first. I can't even believe I went that long with no chocolate!?!?!

Before Lent, any of my "trigger" foods I never kept in the house. Chocolate? Ice cream? ... If I wanted it, I'd have to go buy it and in the snack size version too. When I shopped for groceries I switched chocolate ice cream for SF Fudge Pops or low calories pudding snacks. For chips/crunchy munchies: I switch for trail mix, 100 cal pop corn, carrots/celery sticks, almond snacks, or even rice cakes. And when I eat lunch and in need of something sweet afterward, I chew gum or use Yoplait flavored yogurt as a sweet treat - Boston Creme :happy:
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have to just not keep junk food in the house. I don't buy it. The only snack-y type foods I keep around are ones that I know even if I binge on them the calories won't do me in (white cheddar rice cakes, barbecue soy crisps). When I leave the house I take a water bottle with me so I won't be thirsty and pull into a fast food place to get an iced tea...which invariably accompanies a snack of some kind (or giant calorie meal!)
  • lilana34
    lilana34 Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks u guys ..