Polar FT4 watch waterproof?

Options
Hey everyone! First time posting here. I love reading all your helpful tips. I have had the polar ft4 watch for a few years now. I love it but was wondering if the watch AND thr heart rate monitor are waterproof? ? I just started doing aqua zumba and would like to kmow how many calories I am burning. I thought I saw that the watch was waterproof but can never find if the heart monitor is or not. Thanks so much

Replies

• tooheyz
    tooheyz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi there, i have one too and they are great! you can use the ft4 for swimming so im sure it will work doing aqua zumba. check out more info on their site here:

http://www.polarworld.com.au/pages/can-polar-heart-rate-monitors-be-used-for-swimming
  • shelovespink
    shelovespink Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    yep, it will work. i believe the website says you shouldn't press the buttons while you're submerged in the water.
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yeah it works, at least mine is still working after going swimming, but I did find that it has problems staying in sync to the chest strap, it often says heart rate is 00 which evidently as I'm still alive is false.
    It only happens under the water though, probably due to water is denser and radio waves move slower? I dunno