Staying Strong on weekends.

Options
VanessaOrozco082314
VanessaOrozco082314 Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
I find myself lacking motivation on the weekend. Monday-Friday, I am motivated ,dedicated but come Saturday I find myself burning out. I find it hard to keep going. What are some things or tricks that you do stay motivated and focused on the weekends? I could really use some tips!

Replies

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Stop separating the 2. Seriously, look at it this way, you took 5 days of eating right and doing what you know you need to do, and you are going to trade five days worth of work for 2.

That is not a trade that I would want to make.

Get a good jump on your day by going to the gym in the morning and getting a calorie deficit built into you day. Go do some cardio for 30 minutes to an hour.

If you do that, you have already began your day starting to think about being more healthy. And you will probably log you calorie burn for the day here.

If your weakness is going out to eat, search for restaurants around you that have healthy options with calories on their menu or webpage. When you go out to eat, you should already know what you are eating before you sit down and are handed a menu. If your favorite restaurant does not have it, so what, skip logging it but don't make it a habit. Try to eat sensible, and go hit cardio harder the following day.
  • VanessaOrozco082314
    Options
    You're right I just need to focus on starting out the day strong and I will be more likely to follow through the rest of the day. Thank you!
  • pwatol
    pwatol Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My trick: I ask myself "hungry or bored?" when I think about grabbing food on the weekend. If it's bored, I find something to do that I'll enjoy - read a book, do a puzzle, watch a movie... whatever. I just got back into doing crochet and learning how to do more with it so I can make a bunch of scarves this winter. Busy hands can't grab junk food. If it's hungry, I think about whether it's snack hungry or meal hungry. And I don't eat more than I need to to deal with the hungry with an eye to eating something healthy. And then find something quick when I get done to get my hands busy. :)