Looking for good choc protien and peanut butter smoothie

Options
Doing a lot of greens. With fruit, chia seeds, and vanilla protien powder - unable to have soy so I use almond milk unsweetened - any recommendations? A good recipe to start the day? Or after workout? Thank you in advance

Replies

• pinkmangoes
    Options
    Maybe Quest protein powders.
  • Dee104
    Options
    Chocolate shakeology, with pb and banana and blend it with ice :p
  • deke2015
    deke2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bon appetit has a green peanut butter smoothie i enjoy. Google the recipe and it will come right up. I dont trust the nutritional info tho. I have started to sub peanut butter powder (pb2) for the real thing and its just as yummy. Ive been known to drop a cpl pieces of chocolate in at times too :). Enjoy!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I use milk, peanut butter, banana and cocoa. Yum!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    My favorite is:

1 cup almond milk (original)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 frozen banana
    1-2 tbsp PB2.

DELICIOUS!
  • jmcr98
    jmcr98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chocolate shakeology with banana and cinnamon blended with ice.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I use GNC Lean 25 chocolate protein powder. It's 200 calories/serving with 25g protein. I make mine with 12 oz of water. I can't do soy, either, but the GNC powder sits just fine with my stomach. They also have chocolate peanut butter powder, but I have yet to try that because, well, protein powder is kind of a big investment only to find out you don't like the taste!

I use a Blender Ball cup to mix my shakes, but I have used my Magic Bullet blender to add crushed ice. It makes it a wonderful texture! I want to try adding PB to this and seeing how it goes.

Otherwise, chocolate Premier Protein shakes are good. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate Muscle Milk Light, but it's drinkable in a pinch. Either of those would probably be fine with PB added, and of course you could always add chia seeds, etc.

(Also, I don't work for GNC or own a franchise or anything.)
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Now Foods has an amazing Dutch Chocolate protein made out of peas! That's what I use. :D 24g of protein, and it tastes like chocolate cake batter, and is made with stevia and xylitol for sweeteners. You could put some PB2 in it too!
  • crisrmci
    crisrmci Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chocolate shakeology, almond milk & either strawberries, banana, pb, or coffee. Delicious!
  • heatherhtoo
    heatherhtoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My go to is:
    Molten Chocolate Cellucor
    1 cup Coffee
    1 TBLS Coconut Oil
    Mix in blendar taste like hot chocolate
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Quest Protein Powders Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Strawberry and Vanilla. They are the best I have tried so far and the calories are low. I only used water and ice to mix. Not gritty. very smooth and delish.
  • tineehaag
    tineehaag Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MmmDrop wrote: »
    Now Foods has an amazing Dutch Chocolate protein made out of peas! That's what I use. :D 24g of protein, and it tastes like chocolate cake batter, and is made with stevia and xylitol for sweeteners. You could put some PB2 in it too!

• tineehaag
    tineehaag Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How many calories is a serving and where can you buy this?
  • Tatiana042
    Tatiana042 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate Isagenix isalean Pro shakes! It's a meal replacement with 280 calories and 36 grams of undenatured protein. No nasty chemicals or soy. Love it!
  • sdrew200
    sdrew200 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kshadows wrote: »
    My favorite is:

1 cup almond milk (original)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 frozen banana
    1-2 tbsp PB2.

DELICIOUS!
    Sounds good!!! Any particular protein powder ?
  • jm072702jm
    Options
    Does it fill you up?