Hey college students!

Options
I've been using MFP for about a month and I've enjoyed seeing everyones progress and insight and I finally thought I would introduce myself. I'm Hillary and I'm currently finishing up my freshman year of college at Colorado State University. I am a Health & Exercise Science major with a concentration in Sports Med and I want to continue on to become a physician's assistant. I've never truely been comfortable with my body and last year I tore my ACL playing soccer and gained about 10 lbs with my surgery then in the fall I went off to college and before you know it I had gained about 10 more pounds! So I decided to change and since December I have lost a total of 36 lbs! I would like to have some more friends who are really interesting in working out and are in college!

Replies

• livlinde
    livlinde Posts: 39
    Options
    Hey! I'm in college, too, and I TOTALLY know what you mean about needing support from fellow college students! It's a hard balance sometimes. But friend me, and we can work toward healthiness together!
  • sushilicious
    Options
    College students unite! Stay healthy folks-- Add me if you dare ;D
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Yeah for college students!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yay college! I'm in Colorado too, actually! But I totally know what you mean! Feel free to add me! :)
  • xlaviebohemexx
    xlaviebohemexx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm on a break from school right now but am starting my junior year in the fall in Upstate NY and just started MFP a couple of days ago. I gained A LOT of weight because of a knee problem preventing any sports/physical activity for over 5 years and it's been a long road to getting back into shape.

I definitely understand needing friends who are actually interested in working out and such and that's so hard to find in college, or in general it seems.