Hating Day 10! :o(

Options
Just wondering why, after 10 days of doing this, am I feeling like today was the hardest day so far? Felt "hungry" all day even though my stomach felt full, felt "wound tight" all day, even caught myself grinding my teeth.....what the heck? I didn't eat any differently than the other ten days, but I don't like feeling like this!

Replies

• lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Not sure- are you eatting enough? Your body might be feeling like you are depriving it. Sorry , not more helpful.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I got the same exact thing and I think I'm just now starting to feel better... I think I was bored and wanted to eat... sounds kinda familiar... you know your not hungry, but food sounds/looks so good!

I'm ending day 12 now... and I feel good now, just push through it. Eat if your hungry. Don't starve yourself --- otherwise you won't see the results you want.

I had a day or so where I ate what I wanted and I still lost 6 pounds. Just take things easy :) Enjoy your weight loss journey as much as you can!
  • angelquest
    angelquest Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm right at my recommended calories every day and I'm trying to eat little bits all day. So my stomach IS feeling like there is food in it, but at the the same time I am feeling hungry, tense and irritable. I don't know how to describe it..
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    maybe hormones, I'm usually a lot more hungry just before my monthly.

GG
  • spindiddle
    spindiddle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i think we all know that feeling..and i think its what was said earlier, maybe boredom. i use food for so many things, when i take that out of the equation, i have to deal with the emotions etc without food to pull me out of it. Like boredom, sadness, happy!, tired, upset..anything there is, i use food for it..correction, i USED food for it. trying hard to break that habit!
  • resashake
    resashake Posts: 2
    Options
    Was stress a factor? It might not have been food related at all .. funny how being stressed can make us want to scream and eat a taco! Hang in there .. your body and metabolism WILL cycle. Cycle your mood and self-encouragement with it! =)
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I started in December, so it is hard to know for certain the exact days, but I know how you feel. I seem to recall that the second week was the hardest of all. After about a month it became really easy.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for 15months and I have days like that. Could be any number of things, like time of month pending, maybe you were more active than usual, not enough sleep can cause you to be hungry, emotions?

just hang in there!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    "Feeling hungry, irritable and tense"...I noticed that when I started eating more fruits and veggies my need for caffeine dropped, what you described sounds like me when I have too much caffeine in my system. I don't know if you have any caffeine or other stimulants (diet pills) in your diet or not but thought I would mention it just in case. Hang in there ...your body will get used to your new eating habits. :-)
  • xxx29
    xxx29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wait...you've been at this 10 days and already lost 5 lbs? That's two pounds A DAY! Or am I not seeing the whole picture?
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wait...you've been at this 10 days and already lost 5 lbs? That's two pounds A DAY! Or am I not seeing the whole picture?

No that's only a 1/2 lb a day... 1 lb every 2 days... Stick to your guns and push through this. You will have more days like this and some where you don't care what you eat or even if you exercise... push through those too and just because you mess up, start again and just keep moving forward. You will only achieve your goals if you keep moving forward toward them! Good luck!!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    I ate 3 meals and snacked..my belly was growling at me, so i ate a banana..Then my belly stopped yelling at me.:flowerforyou:
  • angelquest
    angelquest Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks! There were a couple ideas I hadn't thought of.....caffeine may be a factor, except too little instead of too much. I'm kinda "cold turkey-ing" a several decade old Mt.Dew addicition! :-) And the best part of my day was after work when I went outside and did some physical work, so maybe my body is trying to tell me it needs to burn off some energy?

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I am amazed at the positive energy that people on here have! It is nice to hear that other people have experienced it too, that is kinda what I was wondering....if it is just part of the process to feel physically great most days and then it catches up with you now & then.

All my best to your weight loss efforts! Keep up the great work!

BTW....I'll take JK's math any day....I would be thrilled with 2 lbs a day! LOL
  • czigl
    czigl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry :flowerforyou: Whenever this happens to me I chew a piece of gum (and I am not a gum chewer) it seems to help I think the chewing makes me think about something else. Hope this helps.
  • xxx29
    xxx29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

No that's only a 1/2 lb a day... 1 lb every 2 days... Stick to your guns and push through this. You will have more days like this and some where you don't care what you eat or even if you exercise... push through those too and just because you mess up, start again and just keep moving forward. You will only achieve your goals if you keep moving forward toward them! Good luck!!

I am so embarrassed; what can I say! It WAS late...

But still, 1/2 lb a day is neither sustainable nor healthy. Recommended is 1 lb per week; 2 is a MAX. You've all heard it: "It took you a long time to gain the weight; it's going to take time to lose it."