Weight Loss with an Inaccurate Scale

Options
No, I'm not claiming I weigh less than what my scale tells me. But I can go from 158 to 170 in 30 seconds according to my scale. Obviously, it's not entirely accurate. I don't live near a gym so it's not like I can go weigh myself there. Anyone have any ideas on how to check my weight? (I can't do the bathtub thing, since I lack that.)

Replies

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Buy a scale?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Get a new scale.
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Get a new scale! You can find afforable, but quality ones on Amazon. Or you can use other methods to track your progress such as taking measurements / photos.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yep, get a new one!
  • Cliff280
    Options
    Weigh your self same time same place every time take the first weight. Never weigh yourself on uneven floors ,carpeted floors or floating floors. Remember that your weight at a specific time is not what matters. It is the decline over time that is important.
    I don't mean to be gross here, but the fact is eliminating body waste can change weight by 2 to three pounds. A large glass of water can add a pound, bathing can add weight. An cloths add weight.
    Most scales are "spring " scales. They are affected by temperature, and
  • Cliff280
    Options
    Cliff280 wrote: »
    Weigh your self same time same place every time take the first weight. Never weigh yourself on uneven floors ,carpeted floors or floating floors. Remember that your weight at a specific time is not what matters. It is the decline over time that is important.
    I don't mean to be gross here, but the fact is eliminating body waste can change weight by 2 to three pounds. A large glass of water can add a pound, bathing can add weight. An cloths add weight.
    Most scales are "spring " scales. They are affected by temperature, and
    vary 2 to 3 pounds just by the way you stand on them.
    You can get a decent set at Wal-Mart for
    Under $30.
    Digital scales are more accurate than the dial pointer kind.
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Buy a new scale or go to your Dr's office to weigh in. I've done that before.
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Tape measure, a new pair of jeans in the size below, when you fit them that's a milestone!
  • KungfuPanda14
    KungfuPanda14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK you can go into Boots (which is like a cosmetics/drug store) and they have those big scales like in the gym. I believe you pay 50p or so. I have the same problem which my scales and they are digital ones that were not that inexpensive so I don't want to buy another just incase the same thing happens. I weighed in at the doctors when I went, too.

Good luck!
  • MikaykayRachel
    Options
    It frustrates me because my scale keeps telling me I'm gaining weight when I'm fitting into smaller pairs of pants. Sigh. Probably will buy a new one.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    So you know you're progressing. That's great! :smiley:
    Take measurements too.
    Weighing at the doctor's office is a good idea.
    If you can afford it, get a new scale.
    https://www.google.com/#q=buy+a+bathroom+scale+online
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    It's obvious you need a new scale. There wasn't a reason to even ask this question!