Can I do it this time?

Options
I am 40 this year and I am tired of being overweight. I know untreated depression plays a huge part in my eating habits but I need to take stock. I would like to lose 100lbs - I know it's possible, I just lack the self-confidence needed to make it happen. I need to try and believe in myself.

So it starts today, I need to accept that there are going to be bumps in the journey but I need to believe that I can climb over them and take myself to a healthier place.

Replies

• sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly like me. I am in my 40s and suffer depression and my eating is out of control. I am eating around 2,800 calories a day and feel out of control and depressed. Today i am starting again. I eat to cheer me up so its a vicious cycle. I feel heavy and have lost confidence. So eat chocolate to cheer me up or eat fast food. Ive started a 1,700 calorie plan as 1,500 is a little low. Add me as a friend so that we can support each other.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Only you can answer the question. And it's not CAN you do it - because you can. It is WILL you do it? How committed and determined are you? Are you going to cave at some challenge? If you mess up a day or two will that make you give up entirely? Only you can answer these questions and you can't rely on others to talk you off the ledge...at some point you have to say that yes...it WILL be done because I am soooooooooooo worth it. You will stop making excuses and blaming circumstances (my partner eats badly; my mother stuffs food in my face; the office has donuts; I have no time to exercise; blah blah blah)

Can you do it? Of course you can. Will you do it?
  • sus100
    sus100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me, I have approx. 70-80 to lose and feel like its a huge mountain I have to climb! I have a trainer this time, and am tracking and NOT LYING to myself, you can do it, we all can, its just one day at a time! xx
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OK, you can do this, I lost 118lbs 6 years ago after turning forty FAT!! I am now maintaining and my whole life is completely different. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck. Jules x
  • Happyleo80
    Happyleo80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 50-60lb to lose, and I really would love some encouraging friends to go through this with me! If its ok, i'll add you and we can start getting used to Fitness Pal and start our new challenge together! They do say, supportive networks are a key aid to success - so you just shout if you're having a bad day! Or, infact, if you're having a great day! LETS DO THIS!