Started a week ago gained 1 and 1/2 pounds not a happy camper

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    We need more information.

what is your age, height, weight, starting weight, goal weight, what do you have your "goal" set to on your diary? Are you logging EVERYTHING? Are you weighing foods?

Opening your diary could help us as well.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Did you start working out? Most likely it is your body retaining water. If you did new workouts your muscles could be holding water to rebuild. Give it time. Plus your body can fluctuate up to 5 lb a day due to water and things like sodium intake, time of day you weighed, bowel movements, etc.
  • 31flavors
    31flavors Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself every day or once a week? Everyone's weight can fluctuate from day to day depending upon all kinds of things. You want to see an overall downward trend over time, and don't worry about some of the up and down spikes inbetween.
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything you eat, track honestly, drink tons of water, and move/exercise. Try and stay away from processed or caned foods (lots of sodium). I recommend weekly weigh ins same day of the week... In the morning... After the bathroom... Before you eat. Weighing everyday just frustrates me personally. Hope this helps. Feel free to add me if you would like. Good luck to you on this journey:)
  • tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know it is frustrating because I am in the same boat. I started almost 3 weeks ago exercising a minimum of 4 days a week and logging my food, yet I am up 3 lbs. But...I know I am stronger and feel so much better. My diet has improved as well. I know it is hard, but try to focus on how you feel and not the number on the scale. Keep it up though...trust the process. If you are exercising, eating right and logging your food correctly the loss will follow.