What are we to curb your appetite especially late night

Options
my eating habits are good in the daytime I do not get home from work until like seven or 8 o'clock and by that time I'm ravenous they suggestions? I need some serious motivation and also what's a healthy breakfast food I'm open to any and all suggestions

Replies

• carbone854
    Options
    To be honest, night is a horrible time for me. I crave snacks all night and up until recently I was eating whole pizzas at 10 at night. Ugh. What has been helping me is foods like veggies for dinners along with beans. High protein to keep you full. I make kale chips for snacks and allow myself a little wine and cheese. So far so good. As for breakfast, oatmeal is great. Lasts longer than cereal. Also egg whites with veggies mixed in is yummy. Hope some of that helps :)
  • iamburke
    iamburke Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The trick is to not starve all day. Have snacks at work. Apples. Low call fill you up. Don't go all day w out eating then come home starving. Try that. G luck
  • turtlesaver
    Options
    I have a similar issue! I've found that eating something filling right before I leave work helps hold me over until I can get home and get something decent made for dinner. I keep nut/seed mixes, fruit, pre-made salads, veggie trays, etc at work and I eat as much as I want about 30 minutes before I leave. Then when I get home I'll have a normal dinner (I just watch my portion). Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of fluid, I find that helps, too.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, getting home late at night makes it hard. I agree that eating something late afternoon helps me to make wise decisions when I get home.
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Eat every 2to3 hours. Breakfast can be multigrain toast with cheese and eggbeater. In two hours have a handful of nuts or a small Apple with peanut butter. Then have a healthy protein & carb & fiber packed lunch. Then in couple of hours have a small fun size of your favorite chocolate:) (yes!!) & caffeine like tea. Come home & have a good meal like you had for lunch...protein packed and good carb & fiber.
  • DeliVibes
    DeliVibes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I usually have a small snack between dinner and bedtime.
    1 slice of whole grain toast with chopped banana is delicious!
    I tend to have a smaller breakfast so I can save cals for my after dinner snack.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Eating before leaving work is very helpful in making good choices once home. I will often drink a mix of vanilla whey powder (high protein and I think it is tasty) in skim milk with some chia seeds thrown in. Quick to drink as I am leaving my office and a good mix of protein and fibre to tide me over.

A BIG HELP - I plan my suppers ahead and even log in my food intake the day before on MFP. Being aware my calorie intake ahead of eating them has really increased my ability to control myself.
  • icatcher26
    Options
    Take food to work and leave it there if you can...almonds, fruit, bottles of water, protein shakes. Buy them on a Sunday and just keep what you can in your desk before u leave work and eat thaat on your drive home with a bottle of water..you should do well
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am pretty lucky to work where I can eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. I still have the snack cravings at night, though. Lately I've been having 1/2 cup berries, almond milk and greek yogurt. I mix the berries and milk and fold in the yogurt. I add a packet of stevia too.
    I'll have a spoonful of peanut butter too if the smoothie doesn't cut it. The best thing to do is brush your teeth and get to bed. Now, speaking of eating every 2.5 hours ... I have a smoothie with my name literally on it in the fridge.