Weight Loss Surgery Journey

Hello everyone! Not new to MFP but I have re-joined ... I've used it before and I love it... I would like to have friends to join me along my goal to loose 70lbs or any amount really... Just need to know what keeps people motivated, what is working for them, share stories, etc... I recently went through RNY on 1/5/15... Believe me when I tell you that it was not an easy or quick decision. There is more to my story than just a getting surgery... Surgery doesn't stop cravings, or helps your mind tell you food is not delicious... It's a TOOL only not a miracle. People may be quick to judge... Anyway that is a bit of my story ... What is yours? I would love to add friends...

Mar 29, 14 - SW: 229
Feb 9, 15 - CW: 195
Maybe Dec 2015 but I really hope sooner with some hard work and dedication :smiley:
- GW: 125

Replies

• sahead710
    sahead710 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi there!! I'm Sara! I have been overweight my whole life ever since I could remember i have always been the 'big' girl or the 'fat friend' I have about 50 lbs to lose and I would love to see what my life could be like if I looked in the mirror and liked what I saw and was PROUD of what I saw. All my adult life it just seems like I'm waiting to live instead of living and I'm so done with that. Fat, big clothes, covering up, and stress eating those things will not rule my life anymore I will not go another summer covering up or feeling fat and exposed in a bathing suit!!
    Congrats on making that huge step towards your healthy and happy life by going under the knife! You're right it is a tool to help you but a very valuable one! Ultimately tho it comes from you and your mind, be strong you will find friends that believe in you here! Feel free to add me so we can support each other!!
    By the way my starting weight and your starting weight are only two pounds apart I started at 227 lbs currently I'm at 218.9 so I'm right there with you!! :)
  • Lizzie08
    Lizzie08 Posts: 15 Member
    You correct the surgery is a valuable tool... I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to isolating yourself because of the way you look. I am to tired of hiding of waiting to live my life. I really hope that you can over come this and hope you have the support you need. Good luck on your journey ...
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Hi Lizzie, I had VSG back in early February. I had changed a lot of my habits during the 6 month diet that I had to go on before approval. I also developed some great habits as far as working out has gone.

I am just now 5 weeks post VSG and getting back to swimming again. I love my sleeve.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    What does VSG and RNY mean?
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    RNY is gastric bypass and VSG is a gastric sleeve. Thank you Wikipedia.