365 days of the new me. Facts and Truths (with progress pics)

Options

Replies

• karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. You are inspiring, and I really needed to hear this today. I especially found this tidbit to be helpful:

7. It’s doesn’t matter how much I can’t do, I’ll do what I can do and still lap those doing nothing!

I sometimes get discouraged about not being able to do more high intensity exercise because of some back problems, but that point really helped me to keep it in perspective.

Keep being awesome!

All we can do is keep moving in a forward motion and not let ourselves slip back and sometimes, just sometimes... that has to be enough xxxxx Good luck honey
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Have you found exercising helps fm? My boyfriends mother had it and is basically bed ridden!I'm so impressed with your progress! Well done - you've done amazingly :)

I wish I could say it did... but it just hurts more.... but I keep thinking I just need to do it and try and block out as much of it as humanely possible.... if I think it, I perpetuate it. But to be honest. I freaking hurt 99% of the time :(
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Posting you look great!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! You're awesome :) Great progress
  • fatkidonadiet
    fatkidonadiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your goals are reasonable and inspiring! Keep up the good work, 'cause you're worth it.
  • jscarrick
    Options
    Great Job!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, with well-deserved results. The whole shape of your smile seems to have changed! Now, go get yourself that dress!
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Go girl!!! SO AWESOME
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!! Keep up the great work!! :)
  • jojooo714
    jojooo714 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Congratulations.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress! Your goals sound great - and at the end of the year I expect another post telling us how you've achieved them all! :)
  • catruledquilter
    catruledquilter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic!! You did an amazing job! The difference in your happiness shows from the first picture to the last!!
  • tessiebear40
    tessiebear40 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are fantastic and inspirational :D
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your journey. I needed to hear your story today to keep me motivated!
  • GoalWeight165by2018
    Options
    WOW!!! And I LOVE the things you learned!
    You are amazing!
  • johndglynn
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous! Keep up the great work ;)
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Inspirational and awesome loss
  • rodmanalbe
    rodmanalbe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, you must be proud of yourself.
    Don't forget there's no destination, this is a journey :) No need to lose 35kgs in 12 months...you might lose 30 or 40, just keep your habits!
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, YOU ROCK! Congratulations on the amazing success!!! Keep at it!
  • kimlewis4025
    Options
    Here are some facts and figures and wishes and dreams from my first year of the new year, with progress pics of course :)

12 facts for 12 months!
    1. Total loss 36.2kg (79 pounds)
    2. Loss 21.6% of my total body weight
    3. BMI down 14 points
    4. Centimetres lost from measured areas 135.9cm!!!!
    5. Steps walked in 365 days 2,495,800
    6. Total kilometres walked 1,692.16 (more than the distance from Hobart to Adelaide on foot!
    7. I have logged in My Fitness Pal for 365 straight without missing a day
    8. Bloods for Diabetes now normal
    9. Gone down 1 pants size and 2 top sizes
    10. My wedding and engagement ring barely stay on now
    11. I jogged this year, yep you heard it I JOGGED
    12. I can now show in a regular clothes store, not the larger ladies clothes store

12 Things I learned in 12 months
    1. I am much stronger than I thought I was
    2. I don’t enjoy counting calories but I believe I will do it the rest of my life
    3. Weight loss is NOT linear
    4. The scale is not the only measure of success
    5. I can have your cake and eat it too, as long as it fits into my calories 
    6. What works for others won’t necessarily work for me, I found what did and am doing it!
    7. It’s doesn’t matter how much I can’t do, I’ll do what I can do and still lap those doing nothing!
    8. If I have a bad day, don’t wait until next month, next week or tomorrow to get back on track, do it now!
    9. Everything in moderation, never a truer word was spoken
    10. Be proud, because even though it is my own fault I are overweight, I am doing SOMETHING about it!
    11. I wouldn’t be where I am without all those people who encouraged me and pumped me up to keep going when I needed it
    12. This journey is a marathon not a race

12 goals for the next 12 months
    1. Lose 35kg more
    2. Get my vertigo and fibromyalgia under control to get back to work
    3. Join a gym
    4. Go down another 2 sizes in clothes
    5. Do 10,000 steps a day for at least 5 days of the week
    6. Find more healthy and nutritional menu additions
    7. Go for a run
    8. Go swimming (don’t worry public, no need to avert your eyes, this will not take place in public)
    9. Not have to use a seatbelt extender on a plane
    10. Wear a dress
    11. Enter a 5km fun walk
    12. Learn to lift weights

Starting weight in the pics 168.2kg (370 pounds) in the last picture 132.2 (291 pounds)

face_zpsc42c8b5f.jpg

Body_zps71d1a995.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!