Water Intake

Options
Does coffee or tea qualify toward water intake at all? Some weight tracking sites say yes...not sure with myfitness.

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    You will get varied responses. To me, it all counts.....except alcohol.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I count my coffee as part of my fluid intake because I make it with water lol.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    if your pee is clear, then you are fine to count coffee/tea as water. if it's not, then drink more plain water.
  • fordgie
    fordgie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies! i had similar thoughts but figured i'm finding ways to "cheat"...lol
  • sugadogg
    sugadogg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I count my coffee as water and account for the creamer I use.
  • ThisOrderedLife
    ThisOrderedLife Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I count water, tea and coffee and soda water.... anything with sugars/other chemicals are a NO
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Yes it counts. the 1.6l for women and 2l target for men is for fluid consumption, not just pure water.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I count water, tea and coffee and soda water.... anything with sugars/other chemicals are a NO

In the UK soda water contains a high level of salt so I don't drink it anymore.

I don't count tea within my fluid.

• Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I count tea, both hot and cold, and any kind of sparkling water, flavored or not. I don't drink coffee but I would count that as well. I wouldn't count juices, sodas or alcoholic beverages for sure. Any liquids that have calories I do list in my food log.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    Tea, coffee and milk all count towards it :smile:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/water-drinks.aspx