Hello! New guy with a big goal...

52 year old man working on losing 50 pounds...anyone be else doing P90X?

Replies

• steffi_crow
    steffi_crow Posts: 10 Member
    Haven't heard of that. What is it? I'm looking at losing a very large amount of weight also (90 lbs).
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Welcome. I don't do P90X, but I too started with a large weight loss goal last March of 80lbs. I'm at the half way point and getting ready to run my 1st half marathon. This site is great. I went from an obese ex pack a day smoker who never exercised a day in her life to a merely overweight woman who can run a 5k without stopping. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Started it twice. It's very intense. I don't think it's smart to go that route for weight loss. Rather just focus on your logging and much more moderate exercises. Cardio workouts are excellent for weight loss. If I had done P90X for weight loss, I wouldn't have accomplished what I did.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Welcome. I don't do P90X, but I too started with a large weight loss goal last March of 80lbs. I'm at the half way point and getting ready to run my 1st half marathon. This site is great. I went from an obese ex pack a day smoker who never exercised a day in her life to a merely overweight woman who can run a 5k without stopping. Feel free to send me a friend request.
    Congrats to you! It's a great feeling!
  • dwingert63
    dwingert63 Posts: 7 Member
    Haven't heard of that. What is it? I'm looking at losing a very large amount of weight also (90 lbs).

P90X is an intense video/cd series of workouts that includes cardio and strength training. Emphasis in program is muscle confusion--tricking the body so you can work and improve each day.
  • dwingert63
    shmulyeng wrote: »
    Congrats to you! It's a great feeling!

Thanks for the info...glad for your success!
  • fancygirl7312
    fancygirl7312 Posts: 42 Member
    dwingert63 wrote: »

Welcome. Never heard of it . How it is .
  • dwingert63
    jeanm1273 wrote: »

Welcome. Never heard of it . How it is .

Thanks for the welcome! P90X is very challenging...which I like. I felt I needed to push myself harder. It is high intensity cardio, with a strength-training component...video series where you do the workout along with the instructor.
  • loverann74
    loverann74 Posts: 11 Member
    Started with Insainty for cple years then added p99x for the strength training...love it! Start off modifying the moves. Goid luck :)
  • dwingert63
    Thanks! I am doing my best...staying with the program with few modifications. I hate modifying...but something is better than giving up because it is too hard.