Discouraged...

Options
I am so discouraged! I haven't been exercising nor eating right--what seemed so easy and almost fun to do, now feels almost impossible to get back into the swing of... I even have a new heart rate monitor that I am dying to try out but can't get myself going enough to use it...

It has been 2 months of this... I had almost 3 months going where I had lost 7 lbs... now I've put 5 of them back on and am so tired of trying to loose this weight...

Replies

• figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am so discouraged! I haven't been exercising nor eating right--what seemed so easy and almost fun to do, now feels almost impossible to get back into the swing of... I even have a new heart rate monitor that I am dying to try out but can't get myself going enough to use it...

It has been 2 months of this... I had almost 3 months going where I had lost 7 lbs... now I've put 5 of them back on and am so tired of trying to loose this weight...
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just remember you are doing it for you and no one else. It is the holiday season and no one is in the mood to lose weight I know im not but then I look at myself and say ok lets get in shape and look good for that New Years party or for whatever youmayhave coming up.

Hopefully this helps. Good Luck
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. :flowerforyou: Sometimes it gets really hard. But, when I don't feel like going to the gym and I know I need to, I tell myself that every little thing will add up to getting exactly what I want. I can either sit on my bum and gain weight or get out there and do something about it.

I have bought and paid for two cars on my own, attended four years of college, graduated and paid for that on my own, got a job I love on my own . . . and each and every one of those things took sacrifice!! I can sacrifice a bit more if it means I'll live longer and enjoy those accomplishments!! :flowerforyou:

It takes a while to get back into the swing of things, but, you can do it. :flowerforyou: And, there are so many people here to talk to when you need help and support. :drinker:
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's discouraging though because there is no way that I am going to look good anytime soon... even if I eat right and exercise like crazy...
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get discouraged...but I am telling you that you CAN do this...are you trying to make all the changes at once or are you making small changes? Since you seem to have hit a slump, try picking out a few areas that you can work on, and once you are successful in those areas you can make new changes...what really does you in?

Is is the soda you can't do without? Start drinking diet. Are you an emotional eater? Pick up a new hobby or call a friend when you start feeling the need to eat. Do you have a sweet tooth that you can't conquer? Try finding sugar free alternatives to your favorites.

Celebrate your small successes. If you get in all your water for a day, be proud of yourself. If you go to a restaurant and order broccoli as your side instead of the loaded baked potato, be proud of yourself. Make small changes that are manageable until you have rebuilt your reaction to food and how you are eating.

I know this can be frustrating, but you can do this...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It's discouraging though because there is no way that I am going to look good anytime soon... even if I eat right and exercise like crazy...

It won't happen overnight, but you'll be amazed how quickly your body can change by doing all the right things. :smile:
  • countrybee
    Options
    You look very young....do it and you will look good for a long time. I'm 44 and wished I would have done this 15 years ago, so I could have more fun with my kids and husband.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I definitely know how you feel. My first month I yo-yo'd a lot. Like the PP said, do it for YOU. Keep trying, even if you have those bad days, step it up and try it again the next day. I promise it gets easier.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Great encouraging thread....

I know how your feel, ive been struggling too for the past three months to get back on track.

its been about two weeks and ive managed to start with my workouts agian....they make me feel so good afterwards(i just got a new HRM also,two weeks ago) try a simple workout today,like a walk and see if you dont' feel better!

The eating will come in time....you CAN do this! :flowerforyou: WE can do this!:smile:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Think about the future as well as now. You may be disappointed right now, but think about where you'll be in three months. You can either have put on another five pounds by then and feel even worse than you do right now, or can have lost more weight and feel great. Where do you want to be in three months? Where do you want to be in a year? Two, or five? Set your goals, write them down, envision your future, and you will get there. :flowerforyou: