Sharing my new favourite dessert!

Options
cupcakelover103
cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
So today I made the yummiest dessert and i wanted to share :)

First i thinly cut up a gala apple and added 2 teaspoons of stevia (a natural sweetner) to the bottom of a saucepan along with a small amount of water so that it is covering all the stevia.
Then I layered in the apple slices and put the temp on high for as long as it took for all the water to evaporate.
Next i sprinkled on some cinnamon and served it below a scoop of weight watchers cookies and cream ice cream.

It was so lovely and tasted like apple pie! All in all it worked out to be just over 200 calories, and i really felt like i was treating myself.

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    thanks
  • DizzyLizzy84
    DizzyLizzy84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    YUM!! What a great idea :D

Thanks for sharing!
  • elizwelshman
    elizwelshman Posts: 136
    Options
    Mmm Mmm that sounds great!! :happy:
    Thanks a bunches, I'm going to try that myself. Always looking for new ideas!!
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    YUM!!! Just tried this and it was delicious! I used splenda instead of stevia and I topped the apples with some walnuts instead of the ice cream.
  • WVBayouGal
    WVBayouGal Posts: 45
    Options
    Yummy sounding.....and I love apple pie!!
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    Wow, that sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to give it a try.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Thanks. I've been looking for a way to cook down apples but had no idea how to go about it.
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can make this dish in the microwave too. I peel and slice my apples thin, place in a microwave safe dish. Spray with ICBNB and sprikle some truvia and cinnamon on top. Cover with saran wrap and cook for 2 minutes. So good!