I am not losing weight anymore

Options
Hi,
I am on the my fitness pal diet for 16 days now, in the first 5 days I lost 3 lb and then the weight loss stopped. My daily calorie allowance is 1250. What am I doing wrong? I have no problem with this daily calorie allowance, I am eating healthier now then before I started the diet, any advise?

Replies

• sarimurillo
    sarimurillo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! Don't get discouraged, it could be a variety of things and all of them fixable. Have you been exercising regularly?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    16 days isn't long enough to make any assumptions, the body takes a while to adjust to change, just stick with it, weigh/measure your foods so you are being as accurate as possible, eat 50% of your exercise calories back (your body needs the fuel when you're on 1250) and the scale will move. Rome wasn't built in a day, so keep going and all the best, you can do this :)
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It takes time. You didn't put all the weight on at once, you won't lose it all at once. In the beginning a bigger drop could be water weight. Look to lose about 1 lb/week. Make sure you weigh at the same time under the same circumstances.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Also, if you aren't using a digital food scale, you're probably eating more than you think.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    are you trying to loose 2 pounds a week? when you have very little too loose?

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • tequilastuntman
    tequilastuntman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    don't be discouraged and keep at it

google "fat loss whooshes", they are real, especially for women
  • Britt1965
    Options
    I have 20 lbs to loose, I am wondering why the weight loss completely stopped
    are you trying to loose 2 pounds a week? when you have very little too loose?

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

• Britt1965
    Options
    Ok thank you, I will look it up
    don't be discouraged and keep at it

google "fat loss whooshes", they are real, especially for women

• Britt1965
    Options
    Hello! Don't get discouraged, it could be a variety of things and all of them fixable. Have you been exercising regularly?
    I am trying to exercise but it's hard because I have a torn disc in my lower back which is pretty painful at times, I will try to do more. Thank you for your support
  • jamie91203
    Options
    Measure urself as well. Jus because the scales aren't moving doesn't mean anything, u could b losing inches too!!
  • Britt1965
    Options
    It takes time. You didn't put all the weight on at once, you won't lose it all at once. In the beginning a bigger drop could be water weight. Look to lose about 1 lb/week. Make sure you weigh at the same time under the same circumstances.

Thank you for your advise
  • Britt1965
    Options
    16 days isn't long enough to make any assumptions, the body takes a while to adjust to change, just stick with it, weigh/measure your foods so you are being as accurate as possible, eat 50% of your exercise calories back (your body needs the fuel when you're on 1250) and the scale will move. Rome wasn't built in a day, so keep going and all the best, you can do this :)

Thank you for your advise, yes you are right, Rome wasn't build in a day so I will continue to keep at it
  • zorks4ever
    Options
    I have found that averaging losses out over weeks is more helpful. 3 lbs over 2 weeks is 1.5 per week. That's good progress! Keep it up.