Brita Pitcher?

Options
I am a bottled water girl and go through about a case and a half a week. To try to save more money and be environmentally friendly, I purchased a Brita Pitcher. Does it always take a really long time to fill? I can't just stand at the faucet and fill it. I have to fill the reservoir, go sit down for 10 minutes, get back up and fill it again, go do something else, etc... Will it fill faster once it gets used more or did I get a bad one? I tried looking for tips on the Brita site but didn't find anything. Thanks.

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    It will stay about like that. I used to have the tank kind with a spout that sat in the fridge, took forever to fill it. I switched a few years ago to a Pur on the faucet filter, and it's a lot more convenient.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Mine fills fast....what kind do you have? Brita has many styles.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Yep. When we got a new fridge we went with filtered water in the door. Amazing. The Brita took forever to fill!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Mine only takes a couple of minutes to filter completely. I avoid even that small wait by adding more water when the pitcher is about halfway empty. It is filtered long before I need a refill...no wait at all.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yes it takes a while to fill... I never had a problem with it though. I just fill it up, put it in the fridge. When it starts to get low I just add more water. Although my boyfriend had a bad habit of using all the water and not filling it back up lol. We got a new fridge that has a water line and a filter, so I have no need for the Brita anymore
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I just put the brita under the faucet and turn it on really light and walk away for 3 minutes.. fills itself and overflows into sink.. I hate using the brita though. Ever since I moved to a new town that has really hard GROSS water I had to purchase one. I miss tap water.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Comedian Gary Guhlman: "With a Brita you are always just an hour away from six ounces of lukewarm water."
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    I have the basic one that holds 64oz. I really should have bought the bigger one. I may return this one. So far I'm not impressed, it takes forever to fill, the lid keeps falling off and I'm getting water everywhere when it pours. I'm crabby today so maybe that's part of my frustration, and I miss my bottled water. :smile:
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Comedian Gary Guhlman: "With a Brita you are always just an hour away from six ounces of lukewarm water."

Love it!

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I have 2 different ones. The one that is a pitcher I rarely use because of the lid...and it doesn't hold much. The big tank one with a spigot I keep in the fridge is awesome. I do pour water in and walk away to do other stuff, then pour more in and repeat until full. It lasts awhile unless my kids get a hold of it (they never refill it). I keep it in the fridge.