In desperate need of fellow fitness enthusiasts!!!

I am in DESPERATE need of fellow fitness enthusiasts. A little about me, my name is Holly. I live in Hawaii. I've been losing weight for almost 4 months. I'm down 49 pounds (about half way to my ideal) and my ultimate goal is fitness. I'm doing a sprint Triathlon at the end of this month. I have a race planned for each month of this year and intend to end with a half ironman (maybe an ironman, who knows:). I workout between 5-10 hours a week, a combination of swimming, cycling, running, strength, yoga, walking etc. I would LOVE to have friends who are already athletic or looking to start.

Replies

• focusanta
    focusanta Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Holly! Wow, good for you on your journey - and especially your ultimate goal - fitness. And another "wow" for Hawaii! Of course you have to do an Ironman one day...it comes with the territory :-)! My name is Jill and I live in Israel - I'm training for my second full Ironman, Barcelona in October (first was Austria in 2014 at age 54), and I'd love to hear from you. (Re weight - I'm in a constant state of wanting to lose like 5 lbs. to get down to race weight, but I have to admit - that's not my issue. I just really am interested in good, healthy nutrition).
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Wow! That is truly amazing. I started with being unable to walk up a flight of stairs. I've definitely come a long way but one day I hope to get to your level. I've seen a few half ironmans but I haven't committed to a date yet. I'm still building up my endurance. It is a long journey but I'm pretty confident I can get there :)

P.s. I sent you a friend request.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    You're so lucky because you can do the Half Ironman over on the big island. What island are you on? I was in Oahu recently and was able to participate in the XTerra Trail Running World Championship (anyone can run it). There's definitely a lot of great events out your way.
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm on Oahu :) do you plan on coming back anytime? I live here but I spend a fair amount of time in San Diego, Texas and Arkansas.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Hard to say...I loved Hawaii and I actually have some friends who are living there. If they extend their stay there's a decent chance I'll be back. But I really want to visit Maui and the Big Island. Also, sent you a friend request!
  • acivitarese
    acivitarese Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Holly, I too have recently been bitten by the Ironman bug. I did my first 70.3 in Austin, Texas last year and I have a goal of doing a the full 140.6 this year in Cozumel! I would love to hear how things are going for you and share any what we learn as newbies in this journey.
    My fitness still has lots of room to grow, and I really need to drop an additional 30lbs but I am excited about the journey.
    I see you are in Oahu, my sister is there now, her husband is in the Marines and stationed there.

Amber
    PS sent a friend request to you.