female 46 5'6" 15st 8lbs looking for similar ladies for mutual support

Options
2»

Replies

• erincricket
    erincricket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm 38 with four kids. Can we still be friends? My weight is I think 186, and it has tI come down due to high cholesterol. I've been unhappy with it for quite a few years. Please feel free to add me. I'm active and try to be encouraging. Btw, I'm in TX.
  • nicepurple
    nicepurple Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am also from Calgary, Canada and am looking to meet a supportive group. I am 40 with no children, but am still struggling to lose weight. Like MrsCakeyBun, I also have arthritis (and a liver transplant) and I lost about 50 lbs about 5 years ago. I met my second husband in that time and now have gained about 40 lbs back. For my arthritis, health and sanity, I want to lose it.
    My struggles are that I am always hungry and love to snack. I have also become a bit of a sugar addict since turning 40 (which is new to me) and I am a terrible stress eater. I am happy to support and help any of you as much as I can.
    :)

Did your doctor recommended you what to eat and what exercises you should try?
  • erryana
    erryana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Been wanting to find a group of people who can motivate me to at least stay healthy. I'm 35 from Malaysia, 147lb, married with no children. I did this MFP since last year but i failed miserably (no thanks to my husband who likes to pout whenever i meantiones salad!).

I eat almost everything and love love love desserts (or any sweet things!). After meal, i will always reach out for gums or candies. Sigh...

I started to go gym 3x a week and try to reach 10k steps a day since last week -- slow and steady this time. The last time, i did it these + fad diet. It didnt last long...sigh.

So, it would be great if I have support from ladies like all of you :). Slow and steady, we can.
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Ive read lables for years as my dad was a diabetic so kept an eye on everything lol....however I blinded myself to portion control :o

I log everything I eat and drink and its keeping me on the straight and narrow.....
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm in Swindon and I'm nearing the end of my journey, I've 15lbs to go to get to my UGW but if anyone fancies me as inspiration, I'm useful for tips add me, I spent a lot of years as a 15 1/2 - 16st woman and if I can do this anyone can, just have to have your head on the right place.

I'm 42, married, mum of 3, youngest 15, middle 18, eldest almost 25, a beagle called Lillie.
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    I will add u as a friend if that's okay xx
  • smoochy65
    smoochy65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    00figg wrote: »
    so, has everyone been logging, or better yet, pre-logging?

I would love to join this group. I have been prelogging my lunch and snacks in the morning and I love it because I feel no stress about eating what is already planned!

I am 49, mom to a 19 y/o and 17 y/o. I gained baby weight for them, lost it and recently gained terrible teenagers weight because of them
  • agentmelindamay
    agentmelindamay Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm from the uk. 5'7" and currently weighing 15st3 have lost 1st7 since my heaviest but it's a very slow process even though I'm exercising and logging daily. I have 2 children age 2 and 7 and currently do relief work in libraries. Looking to do teacher training towards the end of the year if I get on to the course.
    Would be great to have some friends with similar goals/stats so feel free to add me!
  • shellby2
    shellby2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am a 44 yr old mom to a 12 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son. Would like to lose 50 lbs. Just started in February by joining a women's only gym. Goal for February is water only, and so far so good.
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Hi Shellby great to meet you
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Hi Melinda welcome
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Add me too please - 5'7 198 and this looks like a great group. Colorado Mom of twin 13 yo boys, business owner, triathlete, wife :)
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Hello.....lovely to meet you ☺
  • MrsCakeyBun
    Options
    Valentines weekend stretchs ahead of us what do u ladies have planned? Other than glaring a at husbands that didn't remember cards :s
  • lore2810
    lore2810 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 41 year old from Alberta. Need to lose at least 50lbs. I have had rheumatoid arthritis since the age of 14. No children. Just started on MFP again :)
  • lam072
    lam072 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I am 53 and would like to lose 50lbs as well. We have a hiking trip planned to the Grand Canyon in October and I need to stay on track to be in shape for an overnight journey.......I live in Southern California.
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi @solieco1‌ I'm in Colorado as well. Nice to meet you.
  • yalesmom
    yalesmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How's everyone here doing? I'm trying to work hard and stay positive. When I started in September my first big goal was to lose 50 pounds by my March 28th trip. I'm three pounds away and feel a bit stuck lately. It's time to get moving more often. I'm ready to get off the treadmill and get back outside.
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on getting so close to your goal!